* Setting up guestfs mirrors
@ 2024-03-28  1:04 Luis Chamberlain
From: Luis Chamberlain @ 2024-03-28  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guestfs; +Cc: kdevops, Jeff Layton

Thanks to the work by Jeff Layton, we've embraced guestfs on kdevops
[0] as a replacement to vagrant. To save bandwidth kdevops lets you
set up mirrors for all git trees we need, it would be nice to make it
easier for folks to also setup mirrors for guestfs base images, the
base images are here:

https://builder.libguestfs.org/

I take it we'd just add say
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/virt-builder/repos.d/kdevops-local-mirror.conf with
the new URL where we established the mirror, is that correct?

I was looking to see if there was an rsync mirror for the main URL
where all the images are above, or is there a better way to get the
latest updates?

Also, to save even more time with images, it would be useful if we had
base images getting updates a bit more regularly so that the step to
apt-get upgrade after bringup won't take too long by using the latest
base images. It seems this is possible with customer images, but it
would be nicer if we had this as a general thing. Any ideas to support
that?

[0] https://github.com/linux-kdevops/kdevops

 Luis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-03-28  1:04 UTC | newest]