* pico-imx7d bluetooth support?
@ 2017-11-28 16:36 Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-11-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello.

I can see WiFi support for this board (by brcmfmac driver and firmware) is currently being looked at.
Then, what is the status of bluetooth support?

Looking into the chip spec, though both of WiFi and Bluetooth are supported by single chip, Bluetooth is accessed through UART whereas WIFI is through SDIO.
So, I this means separate driver is needed to enable Bluetooth.

Is it already there (and I just need to enable e.g. kernel configuration option), or some additinoal work is needed.

My concern is that I cannot use BT-USB dongle for this board since I want to use its only USB port (USB-C) for other purposes, so I rather need to use internal Bluetooth chip.

* Re: pico-imx7d bluetooth support?
@ 2017-11-29  2:43 ` Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-11-29  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

OK, I cannot see uart7 (Bluetooth) in mainline source, which is present in TN source tree.
I imagine, at least u-boot update is necessary to enable Bluetooth on this board with mainline kernel.

________________________________

@ 2017-11-29  8:43   ` Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-11-29  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello, I learned a bit.

So, for this BCM4339 (correct?) to work for Bluetooth also, WiFi need to be properly working anyway.

________________________________

@ 2017-11-30 18:05     ` Vanessa Ayumi Maegima
From: Vanessa Ayumi Maegima @ 2017-11-30 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Matsuzawa; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Takashi,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 6:43 AM, Takashi Matsuzawa <tmatsuzawa@xevo.com> wrote:
> Hello, I learned a bit.
>
> So, for this BCM4339 (correct?) to work for Bluetooth also, WiFi need to be
> properly working anyway.
>
> ________________________________

No bluetooth support for imx7d-pico-pi on this project yet.
I am still working on Wifi and I will try to add BT when Wifi is functional.

Thanks!

Regards,
Vanessa

* Re: pico-imx7d bluetooth support?
@ 2017-12-01  0:52       ` Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-12-01  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vanessa Ayumi Maegima; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello.
Thank you very much for the info.

Although I am seeing forthcoming wand-pi-8m boards are with HDMI and graphics engine, I am seeing these 'pico' boards as relatively low-cost, headless i.MX boards with OTG and I/Os (including BT and CAN) and the last part is very important to me.

I am also evaluating if I can also work on TN provided recipes for my image, it is a great help that I can generate my images based on the same community bsp so that I can avoid complexity of maintaining totally different source trees for various boards I use locally.

> So, for this BCM4339 (correct?) to work for Bluetooth also, WiFi need to be
> properly working anyway.

lists.yoctoproject.org
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the meta-freescale Archives. Using meta-freescale: To post a message to all the list ...