* Licence of libbluetooth?
@ 2019-12-12 10:54 Nuno Ribeiro
From: Nuno Ribeiro @ 2019-12-12 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi all
We have been searching for the licence that applies to libbluetooth
but without success till now. Hence, we decided to try in this
mailling list

We are interested in developing software that deals with bluetooth
interface using linux boxes and use the libbluetooth but we are not
aware about the licence that our own software must follow because we
can not find the libbluetooh and bluetooth.h header licence.
Please, could you guide us to the address where the licence is stored?

Thank you
Alex

* Re: Licence of libbluetooth?
@ 2019-12-15 21:39 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2019-12-15 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nuno Ribeiro; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 12:56 PM Nuno Ribeiro <recstar@sapo.pt> wrote:

> Hi all
> We have been searching for the licence that applies to libbluetooth
> but without success till now. Hence, we decided to try in this
> mailling list
>
> We are interested in developing software that deals with bluetooth
> interface using linux boxes and use the libbluetooth but we are not
> aware about the licence that our own software must follow because we
> can not find the libbluetooh and bluetooth.h header licence.
> Please, could you guide us to the address where the licence is stored?

That is GPL, we actually don't recommend using it directly since most
of the functionality is covered by D-Bus APIs you should need to link
to it.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz