* Replacing malloc/memset with calloc
@ 2020-09-28  7:09 Aravind Machiry
From: Aravind Machiry @ 2020-09-28  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

There are several places (at least in sdp.c) where `malloc` and
memset(,0,) pattern Is used. All these can be replaced with calloc for
efficiency.

Is there any specific reason why malloc/memset is preferred?

-Best,
Aravind

* Re: Replacing malloc/memset with calloc
@ 2020-09-28 17:06 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2020-09-28 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aravind Machiry; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Aravind,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:12 AM Aravind Machiry <machiry@cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There are several places (at least in sdp.c) where `malloc` and
> memset(,0,) pattern Is used. All these can be replaced with calloc for
> efficiency.
>
> Is there any specific reason why malloc/memset is preferred?

It just old code that no one bother updating so far, we do have a
macro called malloc0 which does call calloc though.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz