* Cached Device UUIDs not Visable on DBus
@ 2015-04-10 17:34 Gabriel Smith
From: Gabriel Smith @ 2015-04-10 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bluez List

When searching for devices, I ckeck the service UUIDs to find the
correct device to connect to. On the first run of the program the device
is discovered, the service UUID is matched, and everything goes
smoothly. On every other run after the first the device is found, but no
service UUIDs are set. I check for a PropertiesChanged signal when this
occurs, but the signal is only ever sent when the RSSI value changes.
When the system is rebooted, the program can run again once.
I am using Bluez 5.30 and the high level GIO DBus API. I see that the
GIO DBus API, specifically GDBusProxy, caches properties, but promises
that they are updated on PropertiesChanged signals. As the program works
once I do not think that it is the fault of the GIO DBus API. Is there
something I am missing with Bluez's operation that would cause this
error to happen?

--
Thank you,
Gabriel Smith

* Re: Cached Device UUIDs not Visable on DBus
@ 2015-04-13  9:19 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-04-13  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Smith; +Cc: Bluez List

Hi Gabriel,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Gabriel Smith <ga29smith@gmail.com> wrote:
> When searching for devices, I ckeck the service UUIDs to find the correct
> device to connect to. On the first run of the program the device is
> discovered, the service UUID is matched, and everything goes smoothly. On
> every other run after the first the device is found, but no service UUIDs
> are set. I check for a PropertiesChanged signal when this occurs, but the
> signal is only ever sent when the RSSI value changes. When the system is
> rebooted, the program can run again once.
> I am using Bluez 5.30 and the high level GIO DBus API. I see that the GIO
> DBus API, specifically GDBusProxy, caches properties, but promises that they
> are updated on PropertiesChanged signals. As the program works once I do not
> think that it is the fault of the GIO DBus API. Is there something I am
> missing with Bluez's operation that would cause this error to happen?

But is there any changes to the UUIDs? It should only emit
PropertiesChanged if the UUIDs changes.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz