* Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-04 18:45 Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-04 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, marcin.kraglak, szymon.janc

Hello,

     I'm experimenting with an LE peripheral device which provides GATT
services described by attributes with non-consecutive handle values,
i.e. there are "gaps" between handle values. According to the Bluetooth
Core specification 4.0 (Volume 3, Part G, "2.5.1 Overview") it is allowed:

      Although the Attribute Handle values are in increasing order,
following Attribute Handle values may differ by more than one.

     Based on my experiments, BlueZ 5.28 and also git-master as of today
does not support non-consecutive handle values GATT table. As a result,
I can't connect to my device because gatt-client fails to initialize
properly. The failing place is in discover_descs():

       if (gatt_db_attribute_get_handle(attr) !=
                             chrc_data->value_handle)
             goto failed;

     The value of chrc_data->value_handle is correct and matches GATT
table one the device, but the attr->handle has the value of previous
attribute (Primary Service UUID in my case) +2. This handle value
calculation happens in gatt_db_service_add_characteristic() which has
strange code:

     /* We set handle of characteristic value, which will be added next */
     put_le16(get_handle_at_index(service, i - 1) + 2, &value[1]);

     Before trying to fix the problem by myself it would be great to
hear some comments about this issue. Does it seem like a bug or I missed
something?

     As a note, I can successfully connect to my LE peripheral from an
iPhone LightBlue app, which does not posses any issues during GATT
discovery and can read/write the characteristic on the device.

BR, Andrey

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-04 21:39 ` Arman Uguray
From: Arman Uguray @ 2015-03-04 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak, Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I'm experimenting with an LE peripheral device which provides GATT
> services described by attributes with non-consecutive handle values, i.e.
> there are "gaps" between handle values. According to the Bluetooth Core
> specification 4.0 (Volume 3, Part G, "2.5.1 Overview") it is allowed:
>
>      Although the Attribute Handle values are in increasing order, following
> Attribute Handle values may differ by more than one.
>
>     Based on my experiments, BlueZ 5.28 and also git-master as of today does
> not support non-consecutive handle values GATT table. As a result, I can't
> connect to my device because gatt-client fails to initialize properly. The
> failing place is in discover_descs():
>
>       if (gatt_db_attribute_get_handle(attr) !=
>                             chrc_data->value_handle)
>             goto failed;
>
>     The value of chrc_data->value_handle is correct and matches GATT table
> one the device, but the attr->handle has the value of previous attribute
> (Primary Service UUID in my case) +2. This handle value calculation happens
> in gatt_db_service_add_characteristic() which has strange code:
>
>     /* We set handle of characteristic value, which will be added next */
>     put_le16(get_handle_at_index(service, i - 1) + 2, &value[1]);
>
>     Before trying to fix the problem by myself it would be great to hear
> some comments about this issue. Does it seem like a bug or I missed
> something?
>
>     As a note, I can successfully connect to my LE peripheral from an iPhone
> LightBlue app, which does not posses any issues during GATT discovery and
> can read/write the characteristic on the device.

This is interesting. The gatt-db was initially designed for the
server-role, with the assumption being that the handles of a service
will be contiguous. So, it allows gaps between separate service ranges
but not between individual attributes between the handles of a
service. This assumption is OK for server-role but now that we also
use gatt-db for the client role, then maybe this assumption is
incorrect in some cases.

So I guess we need a way to enter individual attributes with arbitrary
handles directly into the database, since it currently creates a
contiguous array to store the attributes of a service. I remember Luiz
was talking about changing the way the gatt-db addition/removal works
on IRC so maybe he can provide more input here. Fwiw, we never
encountered this issue because in practice I've never seen a database
implementation that skips attribute handles within a service.

> BR, Andrey
> in

Cheers,
Arman

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-04 22:21   ` Lukasz Rymanowski
From: Lukasz Rymanowski @ 2015-03-04 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arman Uguray; +Cc: Andrejs Hanins, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak, Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Arman Uguray <armansito@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,
>
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I'm experimenting with an LE peripheral device which provides GATT
>> services described by attributes with non-consecutive handle values, i.e.
>> there are "gaps" between handle values. According to the Bluetooth Core
>> specification 4.0 (Volume 3, Part G, "2.5.1 Overview") it is allowed:
>>
>>      Although the Attribute Handle values are in increasing order, following
>> Attribute Handle values may differ by more than one.
>>
>>     Based on my experiments, BlueZ 5.28 and also git-master as of today does
>> not support non-consecutive handle values GATT table. As a result, I can't
>> connect to my device because gatt-client fails to initialize properly. The
>> failing place is in discover_descs():
>>
>>       if (gatt_db_attribute_get_handle(attr) !=
>>                             chrc_data->value_handle)
>>             goto failed;
>>
>>     The value of chrc_data->value_handle is correct and matches GATT table
>> one the device, but the attr->handle has the value of previous attribute
>> (Primary Service UUID in my case) +2. This handle value calculation happens
>> in gatt_db_service_add_characteristic() which has strange code:
>>
>>     /* We set handle of characteristic value, which will be added next */
>>     put_le16(get_handle_at_index(service, i - 1) + 2, &value[1]);
>>
>>     Before trying to fix the problem by myself it would be great to hear
>> some comments about this issue. Does it seem like a bug or I missed
>> something?
>>
>>     As a note, I can successfully connect to my LE peripheral from an iPhone
>> LightBlue app, which does not posses any issues during GATT discovery and
>> can read/write the characteristic on the device.

Can you share what device are you using? Is it on the market already?
I'm just curious as I haven't seen any device doing it on last couple UPFs

But indeed, it looks like this is something we need to fix.

\Lukasz

@ 2015-03-04 22:34     ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-04 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukasz Rymanowski
  Cc: Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak, Szymon Janc

> On 05 Mar 2015, at 00:21, Lukasz Rymanowski <lukasz.rymanowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrejs,
>
>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Arman Uguray <armansito@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Hi Andrejs,
>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>    I'm experimenting with an LE peripheral device which provides GATT
>>> services described by attributes with non-consecutive handle values, i.e.
>>> there are "gaps" between handle values. According to the Bluetooth Core
>>> specification 4.0 (Volume 3, Part G, "2.5.1 Overview") it is allowed:
>>>
>>>     Although the Attribute Handle values are in increasing order, following
>>> Attribute Handle values may differ by more than one.
>>>
>>>    Based on my experiments, BlueZ 5.28 and also git-master as of today does
>>> not support non-consecutive handle values GATT table. As a result, I can't
>>> connect to my device because gatt-client fails to initialize properly. The
>>> failing place is in discover_descs():
>>>
>>>      if (gatt_db_attribute_get_handle(attr) !=
>>>                            chrc_data->value_handle)
>>>            goto failed;
>>>
>>>    The value of chrc_data->value_handle is correct and matches GATT table
>>> one the device, but the attr->handle has the value of previous attribute
>>> (Primary Service UUID in my case) +2. This handle value calculation happens
>>> in gatt_db_service_add_characteristic() which has strange code:
>>>
>>>    /* We set handle of characteristic value, which will be added next */
>>>    put_le16(get_handle_at_index(service, i - 1) + 2, &value[1]);
>>>
>>>    Before trying to fix the problem by myself it would be great to hear
>>> some comments about this issue. Does it seem like a bug or I missed
>>> something?
>>>
>>>    As a note, I can successfully connect to my LE peripheral from an iPhone
>>> LightBlue app, which does not posses any issues during GATT discovery and
>>> can read/write the characteristic on the device.
>
> Can you share what device are you using? Is it on the market already?
> I'm just curious as I haven't seen any device doing it on last couple UPFs
>
> But indeed, it looks like this is something we need to fix.
It's a Broadcom dev kit for LE development. I'm running one of Broadcom examples which has non-consecutive handle values within single service. Of course, there is a full control over GATT and we can change handle values to be on +1 basis, no big deal, but in general BT core specs do not require it, so fix is nice to have to be on a safe side in case there will be such device in a wild. I spent a day to understand it digging the code :)

@ 2015-03-05  8:39       ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-05  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:

>> On 05 Mar 2015, at 00:21, Lukasz Rymanowski <lukasz.rymanowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrejs,
>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Arman Uguray <armansito@chromium.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Andrejs,

>> Can you share what device are you using? Is it on the market already?
>> I'm just curious as I haven't seen any device doing it on last couple UPFs
>>
>> But indeed, it looks like this is something we need to fix.
> It's a Broadcom dev kit for LE development. I'm running one of Broadcom examples which has non-consecutive handle values within single service. Of course, there is a full control over GATT and we can change handle values to be on +1 basis, no big deal, but in general BT core specs do not require it, so fix is nice to have to be on a safe side in case there will be such device in a wild. I spent a day to understand it digging the code :)

I guess because it is a low level API you can basically use whatever
handles you want, probably OS API would not allow that but as you said
we may encounter devices out in the market that do that already.

>> \Lukasz
>>>
>>> This is interesting. The gatt-db was initially designed for the
>>> server-role, with the assumption being that the handles of a service
>>> will be contiguous. So, it allows gaps between separate service ranges
>>> but not between individual attributes between the handles of a
>>> service. This assumption is OK for server-role but now that we also
>>> use gatt-db for the client role, then maybe this assumption is
>>> incorrect in some cases.
>>>
>>> So I guess we need a way to enter individual attributes with arbitrary
>>> handles directly into the database, since it currently creates a
>>> contiguous array to store the attributes of a service. I remember Luiz
>>> was talking about changing the way the gatt-db addition/removal works
>>> on IRC so maybe he can provide more input here. Fwiw, we never
>>> encountered this issue because in practice I've never seen a database
>>> implementation that skips attribute handles within a service.

Well that was not exactly the problem I was discussing, but anyway it
is a problem that we need to fix. Id probably start by adding a unit
test where a service skips handles and then fix the gatt_db
implementation to handle that, speaking about implementation we could
either go with list but the entries would then need to store the
handles separately or we keep the current array and leave the gaps
with NULL pointers, I guess the later is still more efficient since we
are talking about a special case and storing the handles per list
entry might increase our memory consumption.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-16 11:05         ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-16 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 05 Mar 2015, at 00:21, Lukasz Rymanowski <lukasz.rymanowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrejs,

>>> Can you share what device are you using? Is it on the market already?
>>> I'm just curious as I haven't seen any device doing it on last couple UPFs
>>>
>>> But indeed, it looks like this is something we need to fix.
>> It's a Broadcom dev kit for LE development. I'm running one of Broadcom examples which has non-consecutive handle values within single service. Of course, there is a full control over GATT and we can change handle values to be on +1 basis, no big deal, but in general BT core specs do not require it, so fix is nice to have to be on a safe side in case there will be such device in a wild. I spent a day to understand it digging the code :)
>>

> I guess because it is a low level API you can basically use whatever
> handles you want, probably OS API would not allow that but as you said
> we may encounter devices out in the market that do that already.
>
>>> \Lukasz

> Well that was not exactly the problem I was discussing, but anyway it
> is a problem that we need to fix. Id probably start by adding a unit
> test where a service skips handles and then fix the gatt_db
> implementation to handle that, speaking about implementation we could
> either go with list but the entries would then need to store the
> handles separately or we keep the current array and leave the gaps
> with NULL pointers, I guess the later is still more efficient since we
> are talking about a special case and storing the handles per list
> entry might increase our memory consumption.

I just posted a patch-set that attempts to fix this, at least with
unit test Ive created it seems to work but I would appreciate if you
could try with your setup as well.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-16 13:20           ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-16 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Luiz,

On 2015.03.16. 13:05, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andrejs,

>>> It's a Broadcom dev kit for LE development. I'm running one of Broadcom examples which has non-consecutive handle values within single service. Of course, there is a full control over GATT and we can change handle values to be on +1 basis, no big deal, but in general BT core specs do not require it, so fix is nice to have to be on a safe side in case there will be such device in a wild. I spent a day to understand it digging the code :)
>>>

>> I guess because it is a low level API you can basically use whatever
>> handles you want, probably OS API would not allow that but as you said
>> we may encounter devices out in the market that do that already.

>> Well that was not exactly the problem I was discussing, but anyway it
>> is a problem that we need to fix. Id probably start by adding a unit
>> test where a service skips handles and then fix the gatt_db
>> implementation to handle that, speaking about implementation we could
>> either go with list but the entries would then need to store the
>> handles separately or we keep the current array and leave the gaps
>> with NULL pointers, I guess the later is still more efficient since we
>> are talking about a special case and storing the handles per list
>> entry might increase our memory consumption.
>
> I just posted a patch-set that attempts to fix this, at least with
> unit test Ive created it seems to work but I would appreciate if you
> could try with your setup as well.
Tried on 0d468ec37cf42915f5873a40185b5f3a588c28ba and it still fails for my device. FYI - iOS and Android can successfully connect to this device and discover characteristics. Here is some analysis I made which might help you:

< HCI Command: LE Create Connection (0x08|0x000d) plen 25
    bdaddr 20:73:6A:17:69:31 type 0
    interval 96 window 48 initiator_filter 0
    own_bdaddr_type 0 min_interval 40 max_interval 56
    latency 0 supervision_to 42 min_ce 0 max_ce 0
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
    LE Create Connection (0x08|0x000d) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: LE Meta Event (0x3e) plen 19
    LE Connection Complete
      status 0x00 handle 64, role master
      bdaddr 20:73:6A:17:69:31 (Public)
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 7
    ATT: MTU req (0x02)
      client rx mtu 517
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 7
    ATT: MTU resp (0x03)
      server rx mtu 23
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
      start 0x0001, end 0xffff
      type-uuid 0x2800
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 18
    ATT: Read By Group resp (0x11)
      attr handle 0x0100, end group handle 0x0121
      value 0x00 0x18
      attr handle 0x0200, end group handle 0x0200
      value 0x01 0x18
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
      start 0x0201, end 0xffff
      type-uuid 0x2800
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 26
    ATT: Read By Group resp (0x11)
      attr handle 0x0300, end group handle 0x0320
      value 0xbf 0x90 0x21 0x8e 0xc0 0x68 0x4c 0x00 0x84 0x01 0x2d 0xba 0x08 0xab 0x32 0x88
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
      start 0x0321, end 0xffff
      type-uuid 0x2800
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Group req (0x10) on handle 0x0321
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
      start 0x0001, end 0xffff
      type-uuid 0x2801
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Group req (0x10) on handle 0x0001
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0100, end 0x0121
      type-uuid 0x2802
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0100
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0300, end 0x0320
      type-uuid 0x2802
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0300
      type-uuid 0x2803                    <---- Characteristics in range 0x0100-0x0121 are requested.

> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 20
    ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
      length: 7
        handle 0x0110, value 0x02 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x2a
        handle 0x0120, value 0x02 0x21 0x01 0x01 0x2a  <---- Rsp: Chrc with descriptor handle 0x0120, value handle 0x0121 and standard 16bit UUID=0x2a01 ("Characteristic appearance")

< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0121, end 0x0121
      type-uuid 0x2803     <--- Here request is made for a single attribute with handle 0x0121 which is supposed to have UUID 0x2a01, as per previous response, but the request suggests that type should be UUID 0x2803 (Characteristic descriptor), which is wrong.

> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0121  <---- As expected, there is no such attribute with handle 0x0121 and UUID 0x2803. A valid att request is for handle 0x0121 and UUID 0x2a01.

< HCI Command: Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
    handle 64 reason 0x13
    Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
    Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
    status 0x00 handle 64 reason 0x16
    Reason: Connection Terminated by Local Host

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-16 13:54             ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-16 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Luiz,

On 2015.03.16. 15:20, Andrejs Hanins wrote:
> [...]
>

>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 64 packets 2
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0121  <---- As expected, there is no such attribute with handle 0x0121 and UUID 0x2803. A valid att request is for handle 0x0121 and UUID 0x2a01.
>

> < HCI Command: Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) plen 3
>     handle 64 reason 0x13
>     Reason: Remote User Terminated Connection
>> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
>     Disconnect (0x01|0x0006) status 0x00 ncmd 1
>> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
>     status 0x00 handle 64 reason 0x16
>     Reason: Connection Terminated by Local Host

Sorry, the test above was made with latest master *without* your patches. I re-run the test with a patch from e-mail, but discovery still fails, however the dump output is slightly different:

> [...]
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0100
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0300, end 0x0320
      type-uuid 0x2802
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0300
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0100, end 0x0121
      type-uuid 0x2803
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 20
    ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
      length: 7
        handle 0x0110, value 0x02 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x2a
        handle 0x0120, value 0x02 0x21 0x01 0x01 0x2a
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
      type-uuid 0x2803      <--- as without patch, this seems to be suspicious. Single att read request with wrong UUID.

> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0121
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 9
    ATT: Find Information req (0x04)
      start 0x0112, end 0x011f
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Find Information req (0x04) on handle 0x0112
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0300, end 0x0320
      type-uuid 0x2803
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 27
    ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
      length: 21
        handle 0x0310, value 0x3e 0x11 0x03 0x34 0x5b 0xe2 0x12 0x5e 0xb1 0x45 0x03 0xb6 0x29 0x24 0x55 0x8a 0x11 0x1e 0x36
< ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
    ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
      start 0x0311, end 0x0320
      type-uuid 0x2803
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
    handle 64 packets 2
> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
    ATT: Error (0x01)
      Error: Attribute not found (10)
      Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0311

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-16 14:13               ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-16 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
> [...]
>       type-uuid 0x2802
>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 64 packets 2
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0300
> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>       start 0x0100, end 0x0121
>       type-uuid 0x2803
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 20
>     ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
>       length: 7
>         handle 0x0110, value 0x02 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x2a
>         handle 0x0120, value 0x02 0x21 0x01 0x01 0x2a
> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>       start 0x0121, end 0x0121
>       type-uuid 0x2803      <--- as without patch, this seems to be suspicious. Single att read request with wrong UUID.

Maybe this is off by 1 error except if start 0x0100, end 0x0121 range
actually exclude the last, but it would be still wrong the start
0x0121, end 0x0121, anyway this seems to be some other problem.

>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 64 packets 2
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0121
> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 9
>     ATT: Find Information req (0x04)
>       start 0x0112, end 0x011f
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>       Find Information req (0x04) on handle 0x0112
> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>       start 0x0300, end 0x0320
>       type-uuid 0x2803
>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 64 packets 1
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 27
>     ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
>       length: 21
>         handle 0x0310, value 0x3e 0x11 0x03 0x34 0x5b 0xe2 0x12 0x5e 0xb1 0x45 0x03 0xb6 0x29 0x24 0x55 0x8a 0x11 0x1e 0x36
> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>       start 0x0311, end 0x0320
>       type-uuid 0x2803
>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 64 packets 2
>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0311

Can you collect the trace in binary format, e.g. btmon -w <file>, I
can perhaps try to create the very same database for unit tests, also
it would be good to have bluetoothd traces.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-16 14:22                 ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-16 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Luiz,

On 2015.03.16. 16:13, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> [...]
>>     handle 64 packets 1
>>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 27
>>     ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
>>       length: 21
>>         handle 0x0310, value 0x3e 0x11 0x03 0x34 0x5b 0xe2 0x12 0x5e 0xb1 0x45 0x03 0xb6 0x29 0x24 0x55 0x8a 0x11 0x1e 0x36
>> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>>       start 0x0311, end 0x0320
>>       type-uuid 0x2803
>>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>>     handle 64 packets 2
>>> ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x02 dlen 9
>>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0311
>
> Can you collect the trace in binary format, e.g. btmon -w <file>, I
> can perhaps try to create the very same database for unit tests, also
> it would be good to have bluetoothd traces.
Traces attached.

[-- Attachment #2: bluez.log --]
[-- Type: text/x-log, Size: 13358 bytes --]

bluetoothd[30716]: Bluetooth daemon 5.29
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() parsing main.conf
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'DiscoverableTimeout'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'PairableTimeout'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'AutoConnectTimeout'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'Name'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'Class'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'DeviceID'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'ReverseServiceDiscovery'
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:parse_config() ControllerMode=le
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_init() sending read version command
bluetoothd[30716]: Starting SDP server
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:register_device_id() Adding device id record for 0002:1d6b:0246:051d
bluetoothd[30716]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading builtin plugins
bluetoothd[30716]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading hostname plugin
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) wiimote
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) autopair
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) policy
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) gatt_example
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) neard
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) sap
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) a2dp
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) avrcp
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) network
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) input
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) hog
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) health
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) gap
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) scanparam
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) deviceinfo
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) alert
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) time
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) proximity
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) thermometer
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) heartrate
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) cyclingspeed
bluetoothd[30716]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading plugins /home/andrey/git/bluez/plugins/.libs
bluetoothd[30716]: Ignoring (cli) external_dummy
bluetoothd[30716]: src/main.c:main() Entering main loop
bluetoothd[30716]: src/rfkill.c:rfkill_event() RFKILL event idx 1 type 2 op 0 soft 0 hard 0
bluetoothd[30716]: Bluetooth management interface 1.8 initialized
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read supported commands command
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read index list command
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of commands: 56
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of events: 29
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() enabling kernel-side connection control
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_index_list_complete() Number of controllers: 1
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_index_list_complete() Found index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:index_added() index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() System name: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Major class: 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Minor class: 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Modalias: usb:v1D6Bp0246d051D
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Discoverable timeout: 180 seconds
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Pairable timeout: 0 seconds
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:index_added() sending read info command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:read_info_complete() index 0 status 0x00
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:clear_uuids() sending clear uuids command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:clear_devices() sending clear devices command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/gatt-database.c:btd_gatt_database_new() GATT Manager registered for adapter: /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_add() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Adding record with handle 0x10001
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000007-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000100-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001002-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/gatt-database.c:gatt_db_service_added() GATT Service added to local database
bluetoothd[30716]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_add() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Adding record with handle 0x10002
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000007-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000100-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001002-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/gatt-database.c:gatt_db_service_added() GATT Service added to local database
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:hostname_probe()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_unblock_address() hci0 00:00:00:00:00:00
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_link_keys() hci0 keys 0 debug_keys 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_ltks() hci0 keys 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_irks() hci0 irks 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_conn_params() hci0 conn params 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:set_did() hci0 source 2 vendor 1d6b product 246 version 51d
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_register() Adapter /org/bluez/hci0 registered
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:set_dev_class() sending set device class command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:set_name() sending set local name command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_link_keys_complete() link keys loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_ltks_complete() LTKs loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_irks_complete() IRKs loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:load_conn_params_complete() Connection Parameters loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Name: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Short name:
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Current alias: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() static hostname: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() pretty hostname:
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:update_name() name: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_set_name() name: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_set_name() alias: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:set_name() sending set local name command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() chassis: vm
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Name: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Short name:
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Current alias: UFHR
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a11
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x00000001
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_start() adapter /org/bluez/hci0 has been enabled
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:trigger_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery() sender :1.207
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:trigger_start_discovery()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:cancel_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery_timeout()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery_complete() status 0x00
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:discovering_callback() hci0 type 6 discovering 1
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:device_found_callback() hci0 addr 20:73:6A:17:69:31, rssi -59 flags 0x0000 eir_len 35
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_create() dst 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_new() address 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_new() Creating device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_20_73_6A_17_69_31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_legacy() legacy 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi -59
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:device_found_callback() hci0 addr 60:03:08:D2:5B:20, rssi -69 flags 0x0000 eir_len 15
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_create() dst 60:03:08:D2:5B:20
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_new() address 60:03:08:D2:5B:20
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_new() Creating device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_60_03_08_D2_5B_20
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_legacy() legacy 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi -69
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:stop_discovery() sender :1.207
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:discovery_destroy() owner :1.207
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:stop_discovery_complete() status 0x00
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:trigger_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:discovering_callback() hci0 type 6 discovering 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:btd_device_set_temporary() temporary 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_connect_le() Connection attempt to: 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:connected_callback() hci0 device 20:73:6A:17:69:31 connected eir_len 0
bluetoothd[30716]: attrib/gattrib.c:g_attrib_ref() 0xefed60: g_attrib_ref=1
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:gatt_client_ready_cb() status: failed, error: 10
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:gatt_service_removed() start: 0x0100, end: 0x0121
^Cbluetoothd[30716]: Terminating
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_shutdown()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:set_mode() sending set mode command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:dev_disconnected() Device 20:73:6A:17:69:31 disconnected, reason 2
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_remove_connection()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:bonding_attempt_complete() hci0 bdaddr 20:73:6A:17:69:31 type 1 status 0xe
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_bonding_complete() bonding (nil) status 0x0e
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_bonding_failed() status 14
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:resume_discovery()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:att_disconnected_cb()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:att_disconnected_cb() Software caused connection abort (103)
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:att_disconnected_cb() Automatic connection disabled
bluetoothd[30716]: attrib/gattrib.c:g_attrib_unref() 0xefed60: g_attrib_unref=0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a10
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x00000001
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:cancel_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_stop() adapter /org/bluez/hci0 has been disabled
bluetoothd[30716]: src/plugin.c:plugin_cleanup() Cleanup plugins
bluetoothd[30716]: plugins/hostname.c:hostname_remove()
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_remove() Removing adapter /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_remove() Removing device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_20_73_6A_17_69_31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:btd_device_unref() Freeing device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_20_73_6A_17_69_31
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_free() 0xefb420
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_remove() Removing device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_60_03_08_D2_5B_20
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:btd_device_unref() Freeing device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_60_03_08_D2_5B_20
bluetoothd[30716]: src/device.c:device_free() 0xf02060
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_remove() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:remove_uuid() sending remove uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:remove_record_from_server() Removing record with handle 0x10002
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_remove() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:remove_uuid() sending remove uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/sdpd-service.c:remove_record_from_server() Removing record with handle 0x10001
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_unref() Freeing adapter /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[30716]: src/adapter.c:adapter_free() 0xeffc90
bluetoothd[30716]: Stopping SDP server
bluetoothd[30716]: Exit

[-- Attachment #3: noncons_handles.dump --]

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-17 13:07                   ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-17 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

>>>     ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
>>>       length: 7
>>>         handle 0x0110, value 0x02 0x11 0x01 0x00 0x2a
>>>         handle 0x0120, value 0x02 0x21 0x01 0x01 0x2a
>>> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>>>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>>>       start 0x0121, end 0x0121
>>>       type-uuid 0x2803      <--- as without patch, this seems to be suspicious. Single att read request with wrong UUID.
>>
>> Maybe this is off by 1 error except if start 0x0100, end 0x0121 range
>> actually exclude the last, but it would be still wrong the start
>> 0x0121, end 0x0121, anyway this seems to be some other problem.

Actually this is fine, we are discovering the characteristics since
they may not fit in a single frame we just continue from where we stop
at 0x0121 until the end of the service range with just happen to be
0x0121.

>>>     handle 64 packets 2
>>>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>>>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>>>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0121
>>> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 9
>>>     ATT: Find Information req (0x04)
>>>       start 0x0112, end 0x011f
>>>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>>>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>>>       Find Information req (0x04) on handle 0x0112
>>> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>>>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>>>       start 0x0300, end 0x0320
>>>       type-uuid 0x2803
>>>     handle 64 packets 1
>>>     ATT: Read By Type resp (0x09)
>>>       length: 21
>>>         handle 0x0310, value 0x3e 0x11 0x03 0x34 0x5b 0xe2 0x12 0x5e 0xb1 0x45 0x03 0xb6 0x29 0x24 0x55 0x8a 0x11 0x1e 0x36
>>> < ACL data: handle 64 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>>>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>>>       start 0x0311, end 0x0320
>>>       type-uuid 0x2803
>>>     handle 64 packets 2
>>>     ATT: Error (0x01)
>>>       Error: Attribute not found (10)
>>>       Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0311
>>
>> Can you collect the trace in binary format, e.g. btmon -w <file>, I
>> can perhaps try to create the very same database for unit tests, also
>> it would be good to have bluetoothd traces.
> Traces attached.

Can you please enable bt_gatt_client debug with the following patch:

diff --git a/src/device.c b/src/device.c
index aaa9f43..6a23adc 100644
--- a/src/device.c
+++ b/src/device.c
@@ -3989,6 +3989,11 @@ static void
gatt_client_service_changed(uint16_t start_handle,
        DBG("start 0x%04x, end: 0x%04x", start_handle, end_handle);
 }

+static void gatt_debug(const char *str, void *user_data)
+{
+       DBG("%s", str);
+}
+
 static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
 {
        gatt_client_cleanup(device);
@@ -4000,6 +4005,8 @@ static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
                return;
        }

+       bt_gatt_client_set_debug(device->client, gatt_debug, NULL, NULL);
+
        /* Notify attio so it can react to notifications */
        g_slist_foreach(device->attios, attio_connected, device->attrib);

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-17 13:33                     ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-17 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Luiz,

On 2015.03.17. 15:07, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,

>>> Maybe this is off by 1 error except if start 0x0100, end 0x0121 range
>>> actually exclude the last, but it would be still wrong the start
>>> 0x0121, end 0x0121, anyway this seems to be some other problem.
>
> Actually this is fine, we are discovering the characteristics since
> they may not fit in a single frame we just continue from where we stop
> at 0x0121 until the end of the service range with just happen to be
> 0x0121.

>>> Can you collect the trace in binary format, e.g. btmon -w <file>, I
>>> can perhaps try to create the very same database for unit tests, also
>>> it would be good to have bluetoothd traces.
>> Traces attached.
>
> Can you please enable bt_gatt_client debug with the following patch:
>
> diff --git a/src/device.c b/src/device.c
> index aaa9f43..6a23adc 100644
> --- a/src/device.c
> +++ b/src/device.c
> @@ -3989,6 +3989,11 @@ static void
> gatt_client_service_changed(uint16_t start_handle,
>         DBG("start 0x%04x, end: 0x%04x", start_handle, end_handle);
>  }
>
> +static void gatt_debug(const char *str, void *user_data)
> +{
> +       DBG("%s", str);
> +}
> +
>  static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>  {
>         gatt_client_cleanup(device);
> @@ -4000,6 +4005,8 @@ static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>                 return;
>         }
>
> +       bt_gatt_client_set_debug(device->client, gatt_debug, NULL, NULL);
> +
>         /* Notify attio so it can react to notifications */
>         g_slist_foreach(device->attios, attio_connected, device->attrib);

See attachments. Fresh dumps from both btmon and daemon. With your patch "shared/gatt-client: Fix handling of services" applied.

[-- Attachment #2: noncons_handles.dump --]

[-- Attachment #3: bluez.log --]
[-- Type: text/x-log, Size: 12545 bytes --]

bluetoothd[12005]: Bluetooth daemon 5.29
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() parsing main.conf
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'DiscoverableTimeout'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'PairableTimeout'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'AutoConnectTimeout'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'Name'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'Class'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'DeviceID'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() Key file does not have key 'ReverseServiceDiscovery'
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:parse_config() ControllerMode=le
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_init() sending read version command
bluetoothd[12005]: Starting SDP server
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:register_device_id() Adding device id record for 0002:1d6b:0246:051d
bluetoothd[12005]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading builtin plugins
bluetoothd[12005]: src/plugin.c:add_plugin() Loading hostname plugin
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) wiimote
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) autopair
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) policy
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) gatt_example
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) neard
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) sap
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) a2dp
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) avrcp
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) network
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) input
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) hog
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) health
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) gap
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) scanparam
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) deviceinfo
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) alert
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) time
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) proximity
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) thermometer
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) heartrate
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) cyclingspeed
bluetoothd[12005]: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Loading plugins /home/andrey/git/bluez/plugins/.libs
bluetoothd[12005]: Ignoring (cli) external_dummy
bluetoothd[12005]: src/main.c:main() Entering main loop
bluetoothd[12005]: src/rfkill.c:rfkill_event() RFKILL event idx 2 type 2 op 0 soft 0 hard 0
bluetoothd[12005]: Bluetooth management interface 1.8 initialized
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read supported commands command
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_version_complete() sending read index list command
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of commands: 56
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() Number of events: 29
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_commands_complete() enabling kernel-side connection control
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_index_list_complete() Number of controllers: 1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_index_list_complete() Found index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:index_added() index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() System name: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Major class: 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Minor class: 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Modalias: usb:v1D6Bp0246d051D
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Discoverable timeout: 180 seconds
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_new() Pairable timeout: 0 seconds
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:index_added() sending read info command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:read_info_complete() index 0 status 0x00
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:clear_uuids() sending clear uuids command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:clear_devices() sending clear devices command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/gatt-database.c:btd_gatt_database_new() GATT Manager registered for adapter: /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_add() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Adding record with handle 0x10001
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000007-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000100-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001002-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/gatt-database.c:gatt_db_service_added() GATT Service added to local database
bluetoothd[12005]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_add() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Adding record with handle 0x10002
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000007-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00000100-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001002-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/sdpd-service.c:add_record_to_server() Record pattern UUID 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/gatt-database.c:gatt_db_service_added() GATT Service added to local database
bluetoothd[12005]: plugins/hostname.c:hostname_probe()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:btd_adapter_unblock_address() hci0 00:00:00:00:00:00
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_link_keys() hci0 keys 0 debug_keys 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_ltks() hci0 keys 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_irks() hci0 irks 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_conn_params() hci0 conn params 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_service_insert() /org/bluez/hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:add_uuid() sending add uuid command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_did() hci0 source 2 vendor 1d6b product 246 version 51d
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_register() Adapter /org/bluez/hci0 registered
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_dev_class() sending set device class command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_name() sending set local name command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_mode() sending set mode command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_discoverable() sending set mode command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_mode() sending set mode command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_link_keys_complete() link keys loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_ltks_complete() LTKs loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_irks_complete() IRKs loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:load_conn_params_complete() Connection Parameters loaded for hci0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Name: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Short name:
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Current alias: BlueZ 5.29
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a10
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x0000000a
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a12
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x00000002
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a1a
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x00000008
bluetoothd[12005]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() static hostname: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() pretty hostname:
bluetoothd[12005]: plugins/hostname.c:update_name() name: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_set_name() name: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_set_name() alias: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:set_name() sending set local name command for index 0
bluetoothd[12005]: plugins/hostname.c:property_changed() chassis: vm
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Name: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Short name:
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:local_name_changed_callback() Current alias: UFHR
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:new_settings_callback() Settings: 0x00000a1b
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:settings_changed() Changed settings: 0x00000001
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:adapter_start() adapter /org/bluez/hci0 has been enabled
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:trigger_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery() sender :1.6
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:trigger_start_discovery()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:cancel_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery_timeout()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:start_discovery_complete() status 0x00
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:discovering_callback() hci0 type 6 discovering 1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:device_found_callback() hci0 addr 20:73:6A:17:69:31, rssi -59 flags 0x0000 eir_len 35
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_create() dst 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_new() address 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_new() Creating device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_20_73_6A_17_69_31
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_legacy() legacy 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi -59
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:device_found_callback() hci0 addr 60:03:08:D2:5B:20, rssi -66 flags 0x0000 eir_len 15
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_create() dst 60:03:08:D2:5B:20
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_new() address 60:03:08:D2:5B:20
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_new() Creating device /org/bluez/hci0/dev_60_03_08_D2_5B_20
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_legacy() legacy 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi -66
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:stop_discovery() sender :1.6
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:discovery_destroy() owner :1.6
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_set_rssi() rssi 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:stop_discovery_complete() status 0x00
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:trigger_passive_scanning()
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:discovering_callback() hci0 type 6 discovering 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:btd_device_set_temporary() temporary 0
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:device_connect_le() Connection attempt to: 20:73:6A:17:69:31
bluetoothd[12005]: src/adapter.c:connected_callback() hci0 device 20:73:6A:17:69:31 connected eir_len 0
bluetoothd[12005]: attrib/gattrib.c:g_attrib_ref() 0x24cbd00: g_attrib_ref=1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() MTU exchange complete, with MTU: 23
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Primary services found: 3
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0100, end: 0x0121, uuid: 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0200, end: 0x0200, uuid: 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0300, end: 0x0320, uuid: 8832ab08-ba2d-0184-004c-68c08e2190bf
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Secondary service discovery failed. ATT ECODE: 0x0a
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Characteristics found: 2
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0110, end: 0x011f, value: 0x0111, props: 0x02, uuid: 00002a00-0000-1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0120, end: 0x0121, value: 0x0121, props: 0x02, uuid: 00002a01-0000-1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Characteristics found: 1
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0310, end: 0x0320, value: 0x0311, props: 0x3e, uuid: 361e118a-5524-2
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Failed to initialize gatt-client
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_client_ready_cb() status: failed, error: 10
bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_service_removed() start: 0x0100, end: 0x0121

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-17 15:01                       ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-17 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
> Hi Luiz,
>
> On 2015.03.17. 15:07, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>> Hi Andrejs,

>> Actually this is fine, we are discovering the characteristics since
>> they may not fit in a single frame we just continue from where we stop
>> at 0x0121 until the end of the service range with just happen to be
>> 0x0121.

>>> Traces attached.
>>
>> Can you please enable bt_gatt_client debug with the following patch:
>>
>> diff --git a/src/device.c b/src/device.c
>> index aaa9f43..6a23adc 100644
>> --- a/src/device.c
>> +++ b/src/device.c
>> @@ -3989,6 +3989,11 @@ static void
>> gatt_client_service_changed(uint16_t start_handle,
>>         DBG("start 0x%04x, end: 0x%04x", start_handle, end_handle);
>>  }
>>
>> +static void gatt_debug(const char *str, void *user_data)
>> +{
>> +       DBG("%s", str);
>> +}
>> +
>>  static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>>  {
>>         gatt_client_cleanup(device);
>> @@ -4000,6 +4005,8 @@ static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>>                 return;
>>         }
>>
>> +       bt_gatt_client_set_debug(device->client, gatt_debug, NULL, NULL);
>> +
>>         /* Notify attio so it can react to notifications */
>>         g_slist_foreach(device->attios, attio_connected, device->attrib);
>>

> See attachments. Fresh dumps from both btmon and daemon. With your patch "shared/gatt-client: Fix handling of services" applied.

Still not sure what is going own, it seems the 10 is
BT_ATT_ERROR_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_FOUND but I suspect there is something else
wrong since in this case we should just proceed to the next operation.
Anyway I will send some cleanup patches and Im also planning to have
proper errors so in future we can tell what is going on.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-18 13:27                         ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2015-03-18 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrejs Hanins
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Andrejs,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
>> Hi Luiz,
>>
>> On 2015.03.17. 15:07, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
>>> Hi Andrejs,

>>> Actually this is fine, we are discovering the characteristics since
>>> they may not fit in a single frame we just continue from where we stop
>>> at 0x0121 until the end of the service range with just happen to be
>>> 0x0121.

>>> Can you please enable bt_gatt_client debug with the following patch:
>>>
>>> diff --git a/src/device.c b/src/device.c
>>> index aaa9f43..6a23adc 100644
>>> --- a/src/device.c
>>> +++ b/src/device.c
>>> @@ -3989,6 +3989,11 @@ static void
>>> gatt_client_service_changed(uint16_t start_handle,
>>>         DBG("start 0x%04x, end: 0x%04x", start_handle, end_handle);
>>>  }
>>>
>>> +static void gatt_debug(const char *str, void *user_data)
>>> +{
>>> +       DBG("%s", str);
>>> +}
>>> +
>>>  static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>>>  {
>>>         gatt_client_cleanup(device);
>>> @@ -4000,6 +4005,8 @@ static void gatt_client_init(struct btd_device *device)
>>>                 return;
>>>         }
>>>
>>> +       bt_gatt_client_set_debug(device->client, gatt_debug, NULL, NULL);
>>> +
>>>         /* Notify attio so it can react to notifications */
>>>         g_slist_foreach(device->attios, attio_connected, device->attrib);
>>>

>> See attachments. Fresh dumps from both btmon and daemon. With your patch "shared/gatt-client: Fix handling of services" applied.
>
> Still not sure what is going own, it seems the 10 is
> BT_ATT_ERROR_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_FOUND but I suspect there is something else
> wrong since in this case we should just proceed to the next operation.
> Anyway I will send some cleanup patches and Im also planning to have
> proper errors so in future we can tell what is going on.

Can you confirm that you have the following attributes:

[...]

Anything missing?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Non-consecutive handle values in GATT
@ 2015-03-18 13:54                           ` Andrejs Hanins
From: Andrejs Hanins @ 2015-03-18 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
  Cc: Lukasz Rymanowski, Arman Uguray, linux-bluetooth, Marcin Kraglak,
	Szymon Janc

Hi Luiz,

On 2015.03.18. 15:27, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Andrejs,
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Andrejs,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins@ubnt.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Luiz,

>>> See attachments. Fresh dumps from both btmon and daemon. With your patch "shared/gatt-client: Fix handling of services" applied.
>>
>> Still not sure what is going own, it seems the 10 is
>> BT_ATT_ERROR_ATTRIBUTE_NOT_FOUND but I suspect there is something else
>> wrong since in this case we should just proceed to the next operation.
>> Anyway I will send some cleanup patches and Im also planning to have
>> proper errors so in future we can tell what is going on.
>
> Can you confirm that you have the following attributes:
>
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Primary services found: 3
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0100, end:
> 0x0121, uuid: 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0200, end:
> 0x0200, uuid: 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0300, end:
> 0x0320, uuid: 8832ab08-ba2d-0184-004c-68c08e2190bf
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Characteristics found: 2
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0110, end:
> 0x011f, value: 0x0111, props: 0x02, uuid: 00002a00-0000-1
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0120, end:
> 0x0121, value: 0x0121, props: 0x02, uuid: 00002a01-0000-1
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() Characteristics found: 1
> bluetoothd[12005]: src/device.c:gatt_debug() start: 0x0310, end:
> 0x0320, value: 0x0311, props: 0x3e, uuid: 361e118a-5524-2

Full UUID should be { 0x361e118a, 0x5524, 0x29b6, { 0x03, 0x45, 0xb1, 0x5e, 0x12, 0xe2, 0x5b, 0x34 } }. I guess, it is just truncated output.
There should be also a CCC (UUID 0x2902) with handle 0x0320 for this characteristic.
Otherwise is OK.