* Running bluez on Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-04-19 22:34 Neil Martin
From: Neil Martin @ 2015-04-19 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

I'm new to bluez and fairly green with Bluetooth in general.  I have
built 5.30 on a Raspberry PI 2 running raspbian wheezy.  Here's the
configure command that I used (arrived at by experimentation and
Googling for various build problems I encountered):

LDFLAGS=-lrt ./configure --disable-systemd --enable-experimental
--enable-maintainer-mode

The hci tools seem to work as expected.  Also btgatt-client works - I
am able to connect to a BLE heart rate monitor and I see the HR
related services.

However, btgatt-server does not seem to do anything, but no errors
reported either.  I'm running it like this:

sudo ./btgatt-server -r

and get this as the only output:

Started listening on ATT channel. Waiting for connections

I'm assuming that I should be seeing this advertising when I run
hcitool lescan?  I don't see anything.  Also btmon shows no activity
when I run btgatt-server.

Additionally, if I try to run bluetoothd, I get the following output
which doesn't look good!

sudo ./bluetoothd -nE

bluetoothd[19968]: Bluetooth daemon 5.30
bluetoothd[19968]: Starting SDP server
bluetoothd[19968]: Bluetooth management interface 1.7 initialized
bluetoothd[19968]: Failed to obtain handles for "Service Changed" characteristic
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service
bluetoothd[19968]: Error adding Link Loss service
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service
bluetoothd[19968]: Current Time Service could not be registered
bluetoothd[19968]: gatt-time-server: Input/output error (5)
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service
bluetoothd[19968]: Not enough free handles to register service

I've done plenty of googling and not finding anything useful, so I'm
hoping that someone here will have some insight.

Thanks, Neil