* How to generate a kernel source tree with macros expanded?
@ 2015-03-09  5:08 Tao Jiang (姜涛)
From: Tao Jiang (姜涛) @ 2015-03-09  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi:
After make menuconfig, is there a way to generate a kernel source tree
with macros expanded?
It's too complicate for me to find out wether a macro is defined or not,
or which value is used for a macro.
Thanks for advance.

--

Tao Jiang (??)

* Re: How to generate a kernel source tree with macros expanded?
@ 2015-03-09  6:03 ` Arun KS
From: Arun KS @ 2015-03-09  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Tao,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Tao Jiang (??) <jiangtao.jit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
> After make menuconfig, is there a way to generate a kernel source tree
> with macros expanded?
> It's too complicate for me to find out wether a macro is defined or not,
> or which value is used for a macro.
pass file name with .i. For example,

make kernel/cpu.i

Thanks,
Arun

@ 2015-03-09 10:15   ` Tao Jiang (姜涛)
From: Tao Jiang (姜涛) @ 2015-03-09 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Arun:

Thank you.

> Hi Tao,
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Tao Jiang (??) <jiangtao.jit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi:
>> After make menuconfig, is there a way to generate a kernel source tree
>> with macros expanded?
>> It's too complicate for me to find out wether a macro is defined or not,
>> or which value is used for a macro.
> pass file name with .i. For example,
>
> make kernel/cpu.i
>
> Thanks,