* msysgit color scheme
@ 2014-02-28 22:38 Robert Dailey
From: Robert Dailey @ 2014-02-28 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Git

Is there a way to change color scheme in msysgit without going through
the Properties >> Colors settings?

Reason I ask is because I share the same HOME directory and .bashrc
file between msysgit and cygwin, and it'd be nice to use the same
color scheme defined in the bashrc between both.

Any tips?

* Re: msysgit color scheme
@ 2014-03-02 23:27 ` Erik Faye-Lund
From: Erik Faye-Lund @ 2014-03-02 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Dailey; +Cc: Git

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Robert Dailey
<rcdailey.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to change color scheme in msysgit without going through
> the Properties >> Colors settings?
>
> Reason I ask is because I share the same HOME directory and .bashrc
> file between msysgit and cygwin, and it'd be nice to use the same
> color scheme defined in the bashrc between both.

Not really. The reason is that in cygwin, it's the terminal emulatorl
that does the coloring, but this doesn't work for non-cygwin programs.
So we're detecting if stdout points to a console, and setting
win32-console attributes directly. If you're interested in the
details, see compat/winansi.c.