From: Elijah Newren <newren@gmail.com>
To: Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras@gmail.com>
Cc: Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: Contributions which I feel are dangerous and/or deceptive (Was: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2021, #06; Thu, 17))
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:06:28 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 7:19 AM Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras@gmail.com> wrote:

> Elijah Newren wrote:
> > I hate doing this, but...
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 7:58 PM Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > > * fc/pull-cleanups (2021-06-15) 3 commits
> > >  - pull: trivial whitespace style fix
> > >  - pull: trivial cleanup
> > >  - pull: cleanup autostash check
> > >
> > >  Code cleanup.
> > >
> > >  Will merge to 'next'.
> Do you see anything wrong with these particular patches?

Sorry for responding when I said I wouldn't but let me clarify my own email.

The *code* changes in fc/pull-cleanups are good, I said as much
previously.  The commit messages are also fine, except for the
misleading Reviewed-by claim that you still aren't addressing.  That
could be overlooked on its own.

Any other problematic patches or portions thereof of yours could
easily have been written off as mistakes and been no big deal.

My concern is primarily in how you *respond* to feedback.  I feel you
have displayed a callous disregard for what others find critical and
important, and appear to be unwilling or unable to adapt and work with
the community.  It was particularly your recent emails with Peff at
[1], [2], and [3] that have me deeply troubled.  Troubled enough that
I do not want my name used to endorse your changes, particularly when
I already pointed out that you have used my name in a false
endorsement of your patch and you have now responded to but not
corrected that problem (including again just now in this thread),
making it appear to me that this was no mistake.  I do not want such
false endorsements to occur again, and felt I needed to speak up to
make that happen.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/60c647c1d9b5c_41f452089@natae.notmuch/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/git/60c82a622ae66_e5292087f@natae.notmuch/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/60c87fc6a87ba_e6332084f@natae.notmuch/