* xfs duplicate UUID
@ 2020-03-24 16:13 Pawan Prakash Sharma
From: Pawan Prakash Sharma @ 2020-03-24 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi,

I am using ZFS filesystem and created a block device(ZVOL) and mounted
and formatted that as xfs filesystem. I have one application running
which is using this xfs file system.

Now, when I am creating a ZFS snapshot and ZFS clone and trying to
mount the clone filesystem, I am getting duplicate UUID error and I am
not able to moiunt it.

After searching I found there is xfs_freeze binary available to freeze
the file system. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume
managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of
snapshots. As zfs file system is volume manager also so this looks
good solution. So I tried the below steps:-

1. xfs_freeze -f <mountpath>
2. take the zfs snapshot
3. create the clone from the snapshot
4. xfs_freeze -u <mountpath>
5. generate new uuid with "xfs_admin -U generate <device>"

This is not working. xfs_admin command itself is throwing the error,
it is returning this error :

ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to
be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before
re-running xfs_admin.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use
the xfs_repair -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.
Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount
of the filesystem before doing this.

But this error does not make any sense since as per man page
(https://linux.die.net/man/8/xfs_freeze)

All dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk,
then why I am getting this error. Am I missing something?

Regards,
Pawan.