From: Ivid Suvarna <ivid.suvarna@gmail.com>
To: Kernel development list <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Softlockup and Hardlockup sample test module
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 05:41:35 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi All,

Could you please provide some sample test module for causing a Softlockup
and Hardlockup in latest kernel for SMP for only testing purposes. I assume
there are some Kconfigs to be enabled as well for this.

I had tried with the module where I put a busy loop inside spinlock but was
not able to cause any lockups. Maybe this is because of SMP which schedule
the job to other CPU. "How do I make a task to run on single CPU only?"

I only get RCU stalls sometimes instead of softlockup when I use busy loop
inside a spinlock. Is there any explanation for difference between these
stalls and softlockup.

Thanks,
IVID