* Is there a pdf git manual?
@ 2011-11-07 17:24 Peng Yu
From: Peng Yu @ 2011-11-07 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

http://schacon.github.com/git/user-manual.html

The manual is in html. I'm not able to find a pdf version. Running
make in git/Documentation doesn't generate a pdf document
automatically. Could anybody generated the pdf document and post it to
the git project website? Thanks!

Peng

* Re: Is there a pdf git manual?
@ 2011-11-07 18:29 ` Tony Godshall
From: Tony Godshall @ 2011-11-07 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Yu; +Cc: git

CUPS-PDF is a free program
that will generate PDFs from
any document- it's as easy as
printing.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://schacon.github.com/git/user-manual.html
>
> The manual is in html. I'm not able to find a pdf version. Running
> make in git/Documentation doesn't generate a pdf document
> automatically. Could anybody generated the pdf document and post it to
> the git project website? Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peng

Best Regards.
This is unedited.

* Re: Is there a pdf git manual?
@ 2011-11-07 18:53 ` Jakub Narebski
From: Jakub Narebski @ 2011-11-07 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Yu; +Cc: git

Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> http://schacon.github.com/git/user-manual.html
>
> The manual is in html. I'm not able to find a pdf version. Running
> make in git/Documentation doesn't generate a pdf document
> automatically. Could anybody generated the pdf document and post it to
> the git project website? Thanks!

"make pdf" would generate PDF version of (some of) documentation.

--
Jakub Narębski

* Re: Is there a pdf git manual?
@ 2011-11-07 19:07   ` Peng Yu
From: Peng Yu @ 2011-11-07 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakub Narebski; +Cc: git

Hi Jakub,

> "make pdf" would generate PDF version of (some of) documentation.

I get the pdf generated. When you say 'some of", what is missing from the pdf?

Peng

* Re: Is there a pdf git manual?
@ 2011-11-07 23:17     ` Jakub Narebski
From: Jakub Narebski @ 2011-11-07 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng Yu; +Cc: git

Peng Yu wrote:
> Jakub Narebski wrote:
>
> > "make pdf" would generate PDF version of (some of) documentation.
>
> I get the pdf generated. When you say 'some of", what is missing from
> the pdf?

I just was not sure if it generates PDF version of all documentation,
though I was reasonably sure that user's manual has PDF version.

--
Jakub Narebski
Poland