* Inserting extra extents in lower file
@ 2013-07-18 20:08 Zameer Manji
From: Zameer Manji @ 2013-07-18 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecryptfs

Hello,

I've been working with Will Morrison to add the GCM cipher mode to
eCryptfs. GCM adds integrity protection to eCryptfs by also computing
a hash of the data. This hash is 16 bytes in size. We were thinking
about modifying how the lower file is structured to store these
hashes.

Currently the layout of the lower file is:

[Header Extent][Data Extent][Data Extent] ....

We would like to change it to
[Header Extent][Hash Extent][Data Extent] ... (256 data
extents)...[Hash Extent]...

Where [Hash Extent] stores 256 16 byte hashes, one for each of the
following data extents.

Where in the code base is the offset in the lower file calculated?
Currently we know that ecryptfs_write and ecryptfs_decrypt_page do
this and we were looking if any other parts of the code do that.

--
Zameer Manji

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-07-18 20:09 UTC | newest]