* [ceph-deploy] Ambiguous Debug Message
       [not found] <1772331860.11320004.1441150585905.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2015-09-01 23:48 ` Shinobu Kinjo
       [not found]   ` <CAC-Np1wp0R4Z26JnpEi6S8N6AWXQS-J+FNBZbCNzYUgxUDnbfQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Shinobu Kinjo @ 2015-09-01 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Development

Hi,

When I ran:

    $ sudo ./ceph-deploy --username ceph install ceph01

I ended up with:

    [ceph_deploy][ERROR ] RuntimeError: connecting to host: ceph@ceph01 resulted in errors: HostNotFound ceph@ceph01

That's fine. I need to do something.
But actual reason of failure was:

    Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

I think we should change such an ambiguous [ERROR ] message
to more reasonable one so that nobody doesn't confuse any
hostname configuration?

Thought?

-
$ ./ceph-deploy --version
1.5.27

Shinobu

* Re: [ceph-deploy] Ambiguous Debug Message
       [not found]   ` <CAC-Np1wp0R4Z26JnpEi6S8N6AWXQS-J+FNBZbCNzYUgxUDnbfQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-09-03 12:10     ` Alfredo Deza
From: Alfredo Deza @ 2015-09-03 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shinobu Kinjo; +Cc: Ceph Development

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Alfredo Deza <adeza@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Shinobu Kinjo <skinjo@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I ran:
>>
>>     $ sudo ./ceph-deploy --username ceph install ceph01
>>
>> I ended up with:
>>
>>     [ceph_deploy][ERROR ] RuntimeError: connecting to host: ceph@ceph01
>> resulted in errors: HostNotFound ceph@ceph01

 This is a problem from the underlying library that ceph-deploy uses that
 treats the inability to connect to a host as a "HostNotFound" error
 which may not be correct.

 I opened an issue to follow up on this:
 https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/execnet/issues/48/hostnotfound-is-raised-when-ssh-reports-a

 But in the meantime, I think that ceph-deploy could report that it couldn't
 connect and suggest that the user should try to
 SSH directly to the host. Would that be an acceptable report? (given that we
 don't have access to what SSH returned as the error message)

@ 2015-09-03 12:48       ` Shinobu Kinjo
From: Shinobu Kinjo @ 2015-09-03 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfredo Deza; +Cc: Ceph Development

> But in the meantime, I think that ceph-deploy could report that it couldn't
> connect and suggest that the user should try to
> SSH directly to the host. Would that be an acceptable report? (given that we

Yes, that's reasonable. We have to see some kind of alternative caution.
Thank you for your reply and comment anyhow.

Shinobu