* [Buildroot] Using buildroot RFS and Kernel files with Altera SoC
@ 2015-06-14 10:03 David Evans
From: David Evans @ 2015-06-14 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Dear Colleagues,

I want to use the uImage and rootfs.ext3 files that are generated when
running the Altera SoCKit instructions (that ship as part of the BuildRoot
download), with a different Altera SoC development kit.

I am struggeling to understand how I can swap out the default RFS and
Kernel for a given board (EBV SoCrates for example), and swap in the RFS
and Kernel file built using Buildroot.

For example, the SoCkit tutorial uses a uImage file whilst the SoCrates
board is using a zImage file.

It it just a matter of making changes in Uboot to define what Kernel and
RFS is to be used, or is there a need to fold in the planned type of RFS
and Kernel files as part of the SPL and Uboot build earlier in the whole
SoC development cycle?

Regards,

DJE