* Raid1 not working as expected
       [not found] <CACP9TETrrxT=HyvXWt+uBDXjW9o9LGvJdrAPpUmzy4nb5iWXwQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-02-11 12:28 ` Alexey Polyakov
From: Alexey Polyakov @ 2013-02-11 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi!
I created filesystem with two devices, 200gb partition each, raid1
both for data and metadata, and 16k leaf and node size. After using it
for day or two I got checksum error on one file. scrub reported about
70 more similar errors. Each error was mirrored on two drives, so
btrfsck and scrub showed everything as uncorrectable, attempts to make
a copy of damaged file just repeated checksum error messages. I had to
find and delete each file and then replace it by backup copy.
I'm trying to figure out what to do next to find source of a problem.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!

--
Alexey

* Re: Raid1 not working as expected
@ 2013-02-11 12:49   ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2013-02-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Polyakov; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 04:28:43PM +0400, Alexey Polyakov wrote:
> Hi!
> I created filesystem with two devices, 200gb partition each, raid1
> both for data and metadata, and 16k leaf and node size. After using it
> for day or two I got checksum error on one file. scrub reported about
> 70 more similar errors.

Did you use a kernel version between 3.8-rc1 and 3.8-rc5 ?

david

* Re: Raid1 not working as expected
@ 2013-02-11 13:24     ` Alexey Polyakov
From: Alexey Polyakov @ 2013-02-11 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsterba; +Cc: linux-btrfs

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM, David Sterba <dsterba@suse.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 04:28:43PM +0400, Alexey Polyakov wrote:
>
> Did you use a kernel version between 3.8-rc1 and 3.8-rc5 ?

I used 3.8-rc6 and 3.8-rc7 when working with fs in question, but also
I mounted it under kernel that Ubuntu ships, version number is 3.8.0-4
- I'm not sure which vanilla version it is based on.

--
Alexey