* Moving kernel to Linux 5.2
@ 2019-07-10  9:46 Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2019-07-10  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

It's that time again. I've pushed a dev-5.2 branch to openbmc/linux
that contains the patches from dev-5.1 rebased on top of v5.2.

The bump is in this commit:

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-aspeed/+/23344

Note that there's a systemd-network bug exposed by this change so you
will need this commit to do any testing (or work around the issue by
manually bringing up the device):

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/23412

Please test, +1 and report your results.

Where possible I've cherry picked the patches that will land in 5.3.
This includes the device tree patches, dps310, aspeed-video, and fsi
fixes.

We have 100 out of tree patches at this point in time. Of these, 58
are staged in 5.3, leaving 42 out of tree patches. The out of tree
patches include:

 - aspeed spi-nor
 - npcm clk, bpc, mailbox, ethernet, flash
 - npcm device trees
 - peci framework, associated various drivers
 - misc other patches

If you have code in the tree then please keep working on getting it upstream.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: Moving kernel to Linux 5.2
@ 2019-07-13  0:51 ` Tao Ren
From: Tao Ren @ 2019-07-13  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley, OpenBMC Maillist

On 7/10/19 2:46 AM, Joel Stanley wrote:
> It's that time again. I've pushed a dev-5.2 branch to openbmc/linux
> that contains the patches from dev-5.1 rebased on top of v5.2.
>
> The bump is in this commit:
>
>  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_meta-2Daspeed_-2B_23344&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=iYElT7HC77pRZ3byVvW8ng&m=FYAPcqcFhpF_WecR5kXnTomZfOvx7VTKBWQZkOw92I0&s=PIY-mcxquWulKa3r6glNOKkxpRoLVbRJb9puOiAD58g&e=
>
> Note that there's a systemd-network bug exposed by this change so you
> will need this commit to do any testing (or work around the issue by
> manually bringing up the device):
>
>  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gerrit.openbmc-2Dproject.xyz_c_openbmc_meta-2Dphosphor_-2B_23412&d=DwIBaQ&c=5VD0RTtNlTh3ycd41b3MUw&r=iYElT7HC77pRZ3byVvW8ng&m=FYAPcqcFhpF_WecR5kXnTomZfOvx7VTKBWQZkOw92I0&s=MayYvBBi1CDe4RGF9LOHP-3lmGkloQiMF3PCZYF_0nQ&e=
>
> Please test, +1 and report your results.

+1. Booted up linux-5.2 on Facebook CMM AST2500 BMC and everything looks normal.

BTW, I met 2 bitbake failures while baking linux-aspeed-5.2. Below are my workarounds, just in case others hit the similar problem:

1) scripts/mkmakefile fails with "realpath: command not found"

I'm suspecting it's caused by $PATH environment variable used by my "bitbake" because "realpath" is installed on my machine.
My workaround is replacing realpath with /bin/realpath in scripts/mkmakefile.

2) "bitbake" reports QA Issue: modules.builtin.modinfo installed but not shipped.

It's because I'm still using old version yocto (rocko). I manually applied below patch to workaround the issue:
https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/162186/

Cheers,

Tao