* Aspeed for-next pushed for 4.12
@ 2017-04-07 10:28 Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2017-04-07 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, Rick Altherr; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

Here's a merge of the changes I will be sending to the arm maintainers for
inclusion in 4.12.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/joel/aspeed.git/log/?h=for-next

I've done plenty of testing of this merged into linux-next. Feel free to
take a look and/or use it in your testing.

If you're booting this kernel from a cold power on, note that the ADC
driver won't work without resetting the AHB bridge:

devmem 0x1e6e200c 32 0x2

On the dev- kernels we have a reset in the aspeed_init_early code path. We
need to work out why that's the case, and add it to upstream if it's
required.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: Aspeed for-next pushed for 4.12
@ 2017-04-07 15:51 ` Rick Altherr
From: Rick Altherr @ 2017-04-07 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Stanley; +Cc: Andrew Jeffery, Cédric Le Goater, OpenBMC Maillist

Changes look good.  Regarding AHB reset for the ADC to work, I also
see that 1e6e2004 has a bit to hold the ADC in reset.  I didn't do
anything in the ADC driver to take it out of reset.  Do we do that in
aspeed_init_early as well?