* Kernel hang
@ 2013-07-04 10:52 Prabhunath G
From: Prabhunath G @ 2013-07-04 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Dear All,

       I am running a desktop machine in runlevel 1. It silently hangs
consistently around 5 min after booting. i.e. it will not throw any logs.
How can I get the dump of the kernel logs.

Thanks,
Prabhu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Kernel hang
@ 2013-07-05  7:25 ` Mulyadi Santosa
From: Mulyadi Santosa @ 2013-07-05  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Prabhunath G <gprabhunath@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>        I am running a desktop machine in runlevel 1. It silently hangs
> consistently around 5 min after booting. i.e. it will not throw any logs.
> How can I get the dump of the kernel logs.

have you tried to enable magic sysrq and do stack dump?
--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant

blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
training: mulyaditraining.blogspot.com

* Kernel hang
@ 2013-07-05  8:40   ` Prabhunath G
From: Prabhunath G @ 2013-07-05  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Thanks a lot. Very useful information.

Prabhu

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Prabhunath G <gprabhunath@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> >        I am running a desktop machine in runlevel 1. It silently hangs
> > consistently around 5 min after booting. i.e. it will not throw any logs.
> > How can I get the dump of the kernel logs.
>
> have you tried to enable magic sysrq and do stack dump?
> --
> regards,
>
> Mulyadi Santosa
> Freelance Linux trainer and consultant
>
> blog: the-hydra.blogspot.com
> training: mulyaditraining.blogspot.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Re: kernel hang
       [not found] <CAO2xqGHSyGLheUAg3-qQ2J2nWVgf2+sVZ5GaFukEHA0fDpZ98w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-08-01 15:39 ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2018-08-01 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Ram Gupta <ram.gupta5@gmail.com> wrote:
> I compiled  standard 3.10 kernel  on Centos 7.2. Once I boot with the
> compiled kernel it hangs with the message "early console in setup code
> Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok". I need to make custom kernel but
> this kernel is standard without any code changes. This is on x86_64 bit
> processor. Has anyone come across this issue? What am I doing wrong?

You need to send this to appropriate ML.

Here we are almost at v4.18 which is 5+ years newer.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko