* Poky (suma) switching to systemd
@ 2018-07-09 17:00 John Tobias
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Tobias @ 2018-07-09 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: poky

Hello All,

I was trying to switch to systemd so, I followed the
meta-poky/conf/local.conf.sample.extended documentation to add the
following (below) into my local.conf.
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "systemd-compat-units"

I ran 'bitbake core-image-minimal' and saw the systemd was compiling.
When the bitbake raturned, I checked the image directory and did not
see the any rootfs images.

I would like to know if anyone successfully switching to systemd in poky?.

Note: If I build an image without switch to systemd, the bitbake
produces an rootfs images.

Regards,

John

* Re: Poky (suma) switching to systemd
@ 2018-07-10  2:06 ` Dengke Du
From: Dengke Du @ 2018-07-10  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tobias, poky

Add :

     KERNEL_FEATURES_append = " cfg/systemd.scc"

to conf/local.conf file

@ 2018-07-10  3:46 ` ChenQi
From: ChenQi @ 2018-07-10  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tobias, poky

On 07/10/2018 01:00 AM, John Tobias wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to switch to systemd so, I followed the
> meta-poky/conf/local.conf.sample.extended documentation to add the
> following (below) into my local.conf.
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "systemd-compat-units"
>
> I ran 'bitbake core-image-minimal' and saw the systemd was compiling.
> When the bitbake raturned, I checked the image directory and did not
> see the any rootfs images.
>
> I would like to know if anyone successfully switching to systemd in poky?.
>
> Note: If I build an image without switch to systemd, the bitbake
> produces an rootfs images.
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Hi John,

I think your configuration could work.
The problem of no rootfs image is probably related to IMAGE_FSTYPES?
Could you please check its value via `bitbake -e core-image-minimal'?

FYI, I've been using systemd by default for a long time.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi

* Re: Poky (suma) switching to systemd
@ 2018-07-10 10:20 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-07-10 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Tobias; +Cc: Poky Project

On 9 July 2018 at 18:00, John Tobias <john.tobias.ph@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to switch to systemd so, I followed the
> meta-poky/conf/local.conf.sample.extended documentation to add the
> following (below) into my local.conf.
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "systemd-compat-units"
>
> I ran 'bitbake core-image-minimal' and saw the systemd was compiling.
> When the bitbake raturned, I checked the image directory and did not
> see the any rootfs images.

If no images were produced then there must have been an error message
from bitbake.  Can you share you logs?

Ross