* Adding nested repository with slash adds files instead of gitlink
@ 2018-06-18 11:19 Heiko Voigt
From: Heiko Voigt @ 2018-06-18 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git, Stefan Beller

Hi,

I just discovered that when you have a slash at the end of a nested
repository, the files contained in the repository get added instead of
the gitlink.

I found this when I was adding a submodule and wanted to commit a small
change before that. You get the slash by using tab autocompletion.

Here is a recipe to reproduce:

mkdir test
cd test; git init
touch a; git add a; git commit -m a
mkdir ../test.git; (cd ../test.git; git init --bare)
git remote add origin ../test.git
git push origin master
git submodule add ../test.git submodule
git reset
git add submodule/

Now instead of just submodule gitlink there is an entry for submodule/a
in the index.

I just thought I put this out there. Will have a look if I find the time
to cook up a proper testcase and investigate.

Cheers Heiko