* Reverting OP_SYMADDR in sparse-llvm
@ 2017-03-21 10:59 Dibyendu Majumdar
From: Dibyendu Majumdar @ 2017-03-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse

Hi Luc,

In the last two sets of patches I have noticed that you have reverted
the change related to OP_SYMADDR. I would like to understand what fix
in sparse-llvm made this change unnecessary.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

* Re: Reverting OP_SYMADDR in sparse-llvm
@ 2017-03-21 12:10 ` Luc Van Oostenryck
From: Luc Van Oostenryck @ 2017-03-21 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:59:47AM +0000, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Hi Luc,
>
> In the last two sets of patches I have noticed that you have reverted
> the change related to OP_SYMADDR. I would like to understand what fix
> in sparse-llvm made this change unnecessary.

Yes, I forgot to state that in the changelog.

It's not that it is now unnecessary but there are case where
it's wrong.

It's certainly one of the things I'll look further because
I think that it is better to have these SYMADDR.

-- Luc