* Readonly root filesystem
@ 2014-08-04  8:08 Alexander Perepelica
       [not found] ` <CAAXZ8mcdNna12Tfz2AShs6nFxxgqpFmOzpvKHa1x0Jb74NmnWA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexander Perepelica @ 2014-08-04  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hello!
I try to make my root filesystem read only. I need this to create
power failsafe linux for headless router. I want use unionfs where
write layer would tmpfs (or always recreate small partition) and root
filesystem within read only layer. I try to do this how in debian make
fsprotect (but in opensuse 13.1 i can't find aufs, so use unionfs).
And question is anybody do such things?
I can make root filesystem ro with rootflags=ro, but where I must add
hook to create another layers pre-mount, mount or switch_root?
Regards,
Alexander Perepelica

* Re: Readonly root filesystem
       [not found] ` <CAAXZ8mcdNna12Tfz2AShs6nFxxgqpFmOzpvKHa1x0Jb74NmnWA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2014-08-04 10:59   ` Vasiliy Tolstov
       [not found]     ` <CACaajQvjyE6ZhGUU3kraE3=dvcEdSYUGa-SWpHMAprNaJPv+yQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Vasiliy Tolstov @ 2014-08-04 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Perepelica; +Cc: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> Hello!
> I try to make my root filesystem read only. I need this to create
> power failsafe linux for headless router. I want use unionfs where
> write layer would tmpfs (or always recreate small partition) and root
> filesystem within read only layer. I try to do this how in debian make
> fsprotect (but in opensuse 13.1 i can't find aufs, so use unionfs).
> And question is anybody do such things?
> I can make root filesystem ro with rootflags=ro, but where I must add
> hook to create another layers pre-mount, mount or switch_root?
> Regards,
> Alexander Perepelica

Please see github patches for aufs and overlayfs support.

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov-+9FY0jupvH6HXe+LvDLADg@public.gmane.org

@ 2014-08-04 11:48       ` Alexander Perepelica
       [not found]         ` <CAAXZ8mdd+urmcF5D39k_pKv3iJ-cOxQfC=31_MJ0AFYLUC9ETg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexander Perepelica @ 2014-08-04 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vasiliy Tolstov, initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Sorry, but can you provide some links for this?
Thank you!

@ 2014-08-04 12:03           ` Vasiliy Tolstov
From: Vasiliy Tolstov @ 2014-08-04 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Perepelica; +Cc: initramfs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> Sorry, but can you provide some links for this?
> Thank you!

https://github.com/haraldh/dracut/pull/4
https://github.com/haraldh/dracut/pull/20  but i mess request with my
another work and patch not clean.