* Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-03-28 14:11 Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-03-28 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale, Otavio Salvador

Hi Otavio,

Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
imx28evk
imx53qsb
wandboard-quad
imx6qsabresd
imx6slevk

I´ve been working on the Test Form for 1.6 release and it´s almost ready to start the 1.6 Test Cycle, however I would like to make some preliminary test on those boards.

It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.

We have one month only for the planned release date, I wish we can hush on this, if possible.

Regards,
Daiane

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-03-28 15:17 ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-28 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Daiane,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
> Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
> imx28evk
> imx53qsb
> wandboard-quad
> imx6qsabresd
> imx6slevk
>
> I´ve been working on the Test Form for 1.6 release and it´s almost ready to start the 1.6 Test Cycle, however I would like to make some preliminary test on those boards.
>
> It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.
>
> We have one month only for the planned release date, I wish we can hush on this, if possible.

Sure. I can do that however there are three things I need to address
before this:

* Get weston patch applied - being hold due OE-Core patch which is
under discussion in their mailing list

* Fix DirectFB backend support

* Update the U-Boot for 2014.01 as it has the fixes for PMIC case.

I can do it this afternoon (except the weston as it is being
discussed) and prepare the builder to get those.

I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
is done. :-)

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-03-30 22:24   ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2014-03-30 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador, Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On 03/28/14 11:17, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello Daiane,
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>> Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
>> imx28evk
>> imx53qsb
>> wandboard-quad
>> imx6qsabresd
>> imx6slevk
>>
>> It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.
> I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
> is done. :-)

Can you provide a pointer to your build script(s)/configuration(s)? I'd
like to perform this set of builds for the ixm53qsb board here myself
(and test, of course).

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-03-31 13:58     ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Trevor,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Trevor Woerner
<trevor.woerner@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 03/28/14 11:17, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hello Daiane,
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
>> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>>> Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
>>> imx28evk
>>> imx53qsb
>>> wandboard-quad
>>> imx6qsabresd
>>> imx6slevk
>>>
>>> It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.
>> I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
>> is done. :-)
>
> Can you provide a pointer to your build script(s)/configuration(s)? I'd
> like to perform this set of builds for the ixm53qsb board here myself
> (and test, of course).

I can 'describe' those but cannot provide the code which handles it.
This is running inside O.S. Systems infra-structure which runs inside
of Jenkins with some extra plugins and code did by us to easy our
maintenance of several customers, distributions and different BSPs.
This same code handles FSL Community BSP build but also customers
builds.

Currently, focusing in master, we have three builds:

 x11 - current defaults
 directfb - 'directfb' distro-feature added and 'x11' and 'wayland' removed
 wayland - 'x11' distro-feature removed

All those are built (well, wayland is lacking yet as I am awaiting
Poky patch to be applied) and available[1].

1. http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/

Currently 'master' is build against master-next as I did some fixes
which I will be sending today for review. Those fixes were collected
while preparing it so are 'new' patches.

If you need any help on this please let me know.

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-03-31 20:47   ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-03-31 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Daiane,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>> Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
>> imx28evk
>> imx53qsb
>> wandboard-quad
>> imx6qsabresd
>> imx6slevk
>>
>> I´ve been working on the Test Form for 1.6 release and it´s almost ready to start the 1.6 Test Cycle, however I would like to make some preliminary test on those boards.
>>
>> It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.
>>
>> We have one month only for the planned release date, I wish we can hush on this, if possible.
>
> Sure. I can do that however there are three things I need to address
> before this:
>
> * Get weston patch applied - being hold due OE-Core patch which is
> under discussion in their mailing list
>
> * Fix DirectFB backend support
>
> * Update the U-Boot for 2014.01 as it has the fixes for PMIC case.
>
> I can do it this afternoon (except the weston as it is being
> discussed) and prepare the builder to get those.
>
> I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
> is done. :-)

I have made some images, for those backends, public at:

http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/111

Please give it a look and let me know if anything else is missing.

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-04-01  0:13     ` Rogerio Nunes
From: Rogerio Nunes @ 2014-04-01  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Otavio,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Hello Daiane,
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
>> <Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>>> Could you, please, help me with some pre-build images for the following boards:
>>> imx28evk
>>> imx53qsb
>>> wandboard-quad
>>> imx6qsabresd
>>> imx6slevk
>>>
>>> I´ve been working on the Test Form for 1.6 release and it´s almost ready to start the 1.6 Test Cycle, however I would like to make some preliminary test on those boards.
>>>
>>> It would be perfect if you would generate those boards with FB, DFB, WL and X11, but I understand it may be too much.
>>>
>>> We have one month only for the planned release date, I wish we can hush on this, if possible.
>>
>> Sure. I can do that however there are three things I need to address
>> before this:
>>
>> * Get weston patch applied - being hold due OE-Core patch which is
>> under discussion in their mailing list
>>
>> * Fix DirectFB backend support
>>
>> * Update the U-Boot for 2014.01 as it has the fixes for PMIC case.
>>
>> I can do it this afternoon (except the weston as it is being
>> discussed) and prepare the builder to get those.
>>
>> I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
>> is done. :-)
>
> I have made some images, for those backends, public at:
>
> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/111
>
> Please give it a look and let me know if anything else is missing.

FB image is missing.

Thanks a lot for making these pre built images available.

@ 2014-04-01 17:12       ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-04-01 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rogerio Nunes; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Rogerio,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Rogerio Nunes <ronunes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Otavio Salvador
> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>> Hello Daiane,
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

>>> Sure. I can do that however there are three things I need to address
>>> before this:
>>>
>>> * Get weston patch applied - being hold due OE-Core patch which is
>>> under discussion in their mailing list
>>>
>>> * Fix DirectFB backend support
>>>
>>> * Update the U-Boot for 2014.01 as it has the fixes for PMIC case.
>>>
>>> I can do it this afternoon (except the weston as it is being
>>> discussed) and prepare the builder to get those.
>>>
>>> I think I can get the backends built and I will send the link when it
>>> is done. :-)
>>
>> I have made some images, for those backends, public at:
>>
>> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/111
>>
>> Please give it a look and let me know if anything else is missing.
>
> FB image is missing.
>
> Thanks a lot for making these pre built images available.

I am on it; during the process I end finding some build issues
(alsa-tools at the moment) and I sent 3 patches (one bugfix and 2 for
improvement) to OE-Core. Once the first is fixed we ought to be able
to progress with the build.

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-04-01 17:16         ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2014-04-01 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> I am on it; during the process I end finding some build issues
> (alsa-tools at the moment) and I sent 3 patches (one bugfix and 2 for
> improvement) to OE-Core. Once the first is fixed we ought to be able
> to progress with the build.

Speaking of alsa-tools: is alsamixer output working fine now? Last
time I used with meta-fsl-arm image it showed lots of artifacts in the
screen, which made it impossible to alter the settings.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-04-01 17:18           ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-04-01 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabio Estevam, Daiane Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>> I am on it; during the process I end finding some build issues
>> (alsa-tools at the moment) and I sent 3 patches (one bugfix and 2 for
>> improvement) to OE-Core. Once the first is fixed we ought to be able
>> to progress with the build.
>
> Speaking of alsa-tools: is alsamixer output working fine now? Last
> time I used with meta-fsl-arm image it showed lots of artifacts in the
> screen, which made it impossible to alter the settings.

The issue I fixed is not related (it was a broken build when doing a
x11-less distro and which has no gtk+ available). I didn't test it in
last weeks.

Maybe Daiane could check this during her tests? Daiane?

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-04-01 17:22             ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-01 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador, Fabio Estevam; +Cc: meta-freescale

I´m going to test the images you created.

Do you remember if alsa-tools is automatically installed on those images?

Daiane

@ 2014-04-01 17:30               ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2014-04-01 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiane.Angolini; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Daiane,

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com
<Daiane.Angolini@freescale.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Speaking of alsa-tools: is alsamixer output working fine now? Last
>> > time I used with meta-fsl-arm image it showed lots of artifacts in the
>> > screen, which made it impossible to alter the settings.
>>
>> The issue I fixed is not related (it was a broken build when doing a x11-
>> less distro and which has no gtk+ available). I didn't test it in last
>> weeks.
>>
>> Maybe Daiane could check this during her tests? Daiane?
>
> I´m going to test the images you created.
>
> Do you remember if alsa-tools is automatically installed on those images?

Yes; it should be in fsl-image-machine-test.

* Re: Starting the test cicly for 1.6
@ 2014-04-01 17:32                 ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-01 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

Oh, yes. I started with DFB/WL and missed this image (so far)

It´s queued

Daiane

@ 2014-04-01 19:31             ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-01 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> I am on it; during the process I end finding some build issues
>> (alsa-tools at the moment) and I sent 3 patches (one bugfix and 2 for
>> improvement) to OE-Core. Once the first is fixed we ought to be able
>> to progress with the build.
>
> Speaking of alsa-tools: is alsamixer output working fine now? Last
> time I used with meta-fsl-arm image it showed lots of artifacts in the
> screen, which made it impossible to alter the settings.

The issue I fixed is not related (it was a broken build when doing a
x11-less distro and which has no gtk+ available). I didn't test it in
last weeks.

Maybe Daiane could check this during her tests? Daiane?

The artifacts are still there:

http://pastebin.com/7Hq00X35

@ 2014-04-01 19:59         ` Rogerio Nunes
From: Rogerio Nunes @ 2014-04-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> Hello Rogerio,
>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Rogerio Nunes <ronunes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio@ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>> Hello Daiane,

>>> I have made some images, for those backends, public at:
>>>
>>> http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/111
>>>
>>> Please give it a look and let me know if anything else is missing.
>>
>> FB image is missing.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for making these pre built images available.
>
> I am on it; during the process I end finding some build issues
> (alsa-tools at the moment) and I sent 3 patches (one bugfix and 2 for
> improvement) to OE-Core. Once the first is fixed we ought to be able
> to progress with the build.

Thanks!

@ 2014-04-02 19:44           ` Daiane.Angolini
From: Daiane.Angolini @ 2014-04-02 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

My test result for today.

http://pastebin.com/HwwwTY4R

conclusion:
imx6qsabreSD is great
imx6slevk "GPU" and "VPU" integration is bad

Daiane