* git blame while resolving merge conflicts
@ 2016-12-25  8:44 Salil Surendran
From: Salil Surendran @ 2016-12-25  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I often rebase a large open source project and there are merge
conflicts where I need to figure out who made the change and when it
order to decide as to which change to take. So generally what I do is
that I go to both repos and look at the file and do a git blame. Is
there a mergetool that will provide this info during conflict
resolution. I would like to know who made and this change and when for
each version. Right now I am using meld.

Salil
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-12-25  8:50 UTC | newest]