* How to set basic rates in mesh mode?
@ 2013-05-23 15:47 Jean-Pierre Tosoni
From: Jean-Pierre Tosoni @ 2013-05-23 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless, devel

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the basic rates set in mesh mode ?
(so that broadcasts and ACKs could be sent faster)

- iw does not do this, and cfg80211 rejects NL80211_CMD_SET_BSS for mesh
interfaces, I cannot figure out another way ?

Regards
j.p. Tosoni

* Re: How to set basic rates in mesh mode?
@ 2013-05-23 16:49 ` Ashok Nagarajan
From: Ashok Nagarajan @ 2013-05-23 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Pierre Tosoni; +Cc: linux-wireless, devel

Hi Tosoni,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Jean-Pierre Tosoni <jp.tosoni@acksys.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to change the basic rates set in mesh mode ?
> (so that broadcasts and ACKs could be sent faster)

Not with the current ToT. But patches to support this feature have
been sent and is waiting to get merged.

If you would like to use the feature now, you could find these patches here.

1. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552611/
2. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552621/
and 3. https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2552641/

Thanks,
Ashok
> - iw does not do this, and cfg80211 rejects NL80211_CMD_SET_BSS for mesh
> interfaces, I cannot figure out another way ?
>
> Regards
> j.p. Tosoni

Ashok Raj Nagarajan,
cozybit Inc.