* [RFC] BITE test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C fails
@ 2012-04-11 16:00 Hemant Gupta
From: Hemant Gupta @ 2012-04-11 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth; +Cc: Hemant Gupta, Naresh Gupta

Hi,

I have found a regression issue with latest kernel code. I am trying
to execute the test case for GAP TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C using BITE.
Below is the test purpose

5.4.4.6 TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C Security Mode 4 - Master
Verify that the IUT disconnects the connection if the initiating side
sends the L2CAP_ConnectReq without first enabling encryption. IUT has
2.1 Host and 2.1 Con-troller. Tester has 2.1 Host and 2.1 Controller.

As per my analysis,
1) Host is sending HCI Disconnect request before L2CAP_ConnectReq is
sent from BITE Tester (It sends it after 5 seconds).
2) This HCI Disconnect is initiated after 4 secs (approx), from host
side, since there is no other request received from Remote side after
creating ACL.

static inline void hci_conn_put(struct hci_conn *conn)
{
			if (conn->state == BT_CONNECTED) {
				timeo = msecs_to_jiffies(conn->disc_timeout);
				if (!conn->out)
					timeo *= 2;
}

Here conn->disc_timeout = HCI_DISCONN_TIMEOUT = 2 Secs.

I checked that this timeout has been changed in new kernel, and
earlier code, the mulitplication factor for incoming connection was
timeo *= 5 (20 even before).

After increasing the timeout for hci disconnect to more than 5
seconds, test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C passes.
Could you confirm if this is acceptable fix to pass the test case.

--
Best Regards
Hemant Gupta

* Re: [RFC] BITE test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C fails
@ 2012-04-11 16:49 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2012-04-11 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hemant Gupta; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Hemant Gupta, Naresh Gupta

Hi Hemant,

> I have found a regression issue with latest kernel code. I am trying
> to execute the test case for GAP TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C using BITE.
> Below is the test purpose
>
> 5.4.4.6 TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C Security Mode 4 - Master
> Verify that the IUT disconnects the connection if the initiating side
> sends the L2CAP_ConnectReq without first enabling encryption. IUT has
> 2.1 Host and 2.1 Con-troller. Tester has 2.1 Host and 2.1 Controller.
>
> As per my analysis,
> 1) Host is sending HCI Disconnect request before L2CAP_ConnectReq is
> sent from BITE Tester (It sends it after 5 seconds).
> 2) This HCI Disconnect is initiated after 4 secs (approx), from host
> side, since there is no other request received from Remote side after
> creating ACL.
>
> static inline void hci_conn_put(struct hci_conn *conn)
> {
> 			if (conn->state == BT_CONNECTED) {
> 				timeo = msecs_to_jiffies(conn->disc_timeout);
> 				if (!conn->out)
> 					timeo *= 2;
> }
>
> Here conn->disc_timeout = HCI_DISCONN_TIMEOUT = 2 Secs.
>
> I checked that this timeout has been changed in new kernel, and
> earlier code, the mulitplication factor for incoming connection was
> timeo *= 5 (20 even before).
>
> After increasing the timeout for hci disconnect to more than 5
> seconds, test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C passes.
> Could you confirm if this is acceptable fix to pass the test case.

can we get the BITE tester fixed. It is stupid that it waits 5 seconds
before sending the L2CAP_Connect_Req. File an errata against the BITE
tester.

I know that we passed this test case before and I tracked the timeout
change back to a commit from me from 2009:

commit 052b30b0a8eec8db5b18ad49effdf2a9ba4c1e1a
Author: Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>
Date:   Sun Apr 26 20:01:22 2009 +0200

    Bluetooth: Add different pairing timeout for Legacy Pairing

So clearly 3 years ago, this is a breakage in the BITE tester now.
Someone else would have noticed in this time frame.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [RFC] BITE test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C fails
@ 2012-04-12 15:08   ` Hemant Gupta
From: Hemant Gupta @ 2012-04-12 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Hemant Gupta, Naresh Gupta

Hi Marcel,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wro=
te:
> Hi Hemant,
>
>> I have found a regression issue with latest kernel code. I am trying
>> to execute the test case for GAP TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C using BITE.
>> Below is the test purpose
>>
>> 5.4.4.6 TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C Security Mode 4 - Master
>> Verify that the IUT disconnects the connection if the initiating side
>> sends the L2CAP_ConnectReq without first enabling encryption. IUT has
>> 2.1 Host and 2.1 Con-troller. Tester has 2.1 Host and 2.1 Controller.
>>
>> As per my analysis,
>> 1) Host is sending HCI Disconnect request before L2CAP_ConnectReq is
>> sent from BITE Tester (It sends it after 5 seconds).
>> 2) This HCI Disconnect is initiated after 4 secs (approx), from host
>> side, since there is no other request received from Remote side after
>> creating ACL.
>>
>> static inline void hci_conn_put(struct hci_conn *conn)
>> {
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 if (conn->state =3D=3D BT_CO=
NNECTED) {
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 timeo =3D ms=
ecs_to_jiffies(conn->disc_timeout);
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 if (!conn->o=
ut)
>> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 timeo *=3D 2;
>> }
>>
>> Here conn->disc_timeout =3D HCI_DISCONN_TIMEOUT =3D 2 Secs.
>>
>> I checked that this timeout has been changed in new kernel, and
>> earlier code, the mulitplication factor for incoming connection was
>> timeo *=3D 5 (20 even before).
>>
>> After increasing the timeout for hci disconnect to more than 5
>> seconds, test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C passes.
>> Could you confirm if this is acceptable fix to pass the test case.
>
> can we get the BITE tester fixed. It is stupid that it waits 5 seconds
> before sending the L2CAP_Connect_Req. File an errata against the BITE
> tester.
>
> I know that we passed this test case before and I tracked the timeout
> change back to a commit from me from 2009:
>
> commit 052b30b0a8eec8db5b18ad49effdf2a9ba4c1e1a
> Author: Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org>
> Date: =A0 Sun Apr 26 20:01:22 2009 +0200
>
> =A0 =A0Bluetooth: Add different pairing timeout for Legacy Pairing
>
> So clearly 3 years ago, this is a breakage in the BITE tester now.
> Someone else would have noticed in this time frame.

Thanks for the comments, we have raised the issue with AT4Wireless
now, and awaiting there feedback for the same.

> Regards
>
> Marcel

--=20
Best Regards