* xfsdump usecases
@ 2018-10-31 15:42 Jan Tulak
From: Jan Tulak @ 2018-10-31 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs; +Cc: Zirong Lang

Hi guys

I'm doing some cleanup of xfsdump code and the testing infrastructure
for it in xfstests is rather small, for the number of options and
modes xfsdump has. So, I'm asking you if you have any scripts using
xfsdump and xfsrestore, or some custom test suite, can you share it? I
will polish it and put into xfstests.

Thanks,
Jan

* Re: xfsdump usecases
@ 2018-10-31 17:35 ` Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2018-10-31 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Tulak; +Cc: linux-xfs

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 04:42:54PM +0100, Jan Tulak wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm doing some cleanup of xfsdump code and the testing infrastructure
> for it in xfstests is rather small, for the number of options and
> modes xfsdump has. So, I'm asking you if you have any scripts using
> xfsdump and xfsrestore, or some custom test suite, can you share it? I
> will polish it and put into xfstests.

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately, we don't have more internal test cases (than xfstests) about
xfsdump/xfsrestore. There's not much bugs(from customers/partners) about
xfsdump, and it keeps stable(no big changes) long time, so writing cases for
it always be low priority jobs for us.

I can help to write some cases or do some tests if you need.

Thanks,
Zorro