* xfstests and (automated) workflow?
@ 2017-03-06 14:25 Jan Tulak
From: Jan Tulak @ 2017-03-06 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi guys,

II decided to streamline and automate some things for me with testing
xfs, but as I worked on it, I realise that surely I'm not the first
one to do that. So I would like to ask you, can you share your tips
and tricks? :-)

What I began to work at is a small suite of scripts to deploy a docker
container (could be changed for a VM) which compiles my local version
of xfsprogs and xfstests, runs it, and if I specify multiple
revisions, it does it for every of the revisions and then tells me
which test results changed between the revisions. I know the
comparison of failures between runs can be done with
tools/compare-failures. It doesn't detect a change in "not run"
though, which I would like to detect too.

Are you using anything like this you can share?

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Tulak
jtulak@redhat.com / jan@tulak.me

* Re: xfstests and (automated) workflow?
@ 2017-03-06 21:51 ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2017-03-06 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Tulak; +Cc: linux-xfs

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 03:25:03PM +0100, Jan Tulak wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> II decided to streamline and automate some things for me with testing
> xfs, but as I worked on it, I realise that surely I'm not the first
> one to do that. So I would like to ask you, can you share your tips
> and tricks? :-)
>
> What I began to work at is a small suite of scripts to deploy a docker
> container (could be changed for a VM) which compiles my local version
> of xfsprogs and xfstests, runs it, and if I specify multiple
> revisions, it does it for every of the revisions and then tells me
> which test results changed between the revisions. I know the
> comparison of failures between runs can be done with
> tools/compare-failures. It doesn't detect a change in "not run"
> though, which I would like to detect too.
>
> Are you using anything like this you can share?

Ted's xfstests-bld does this sort of stuff, IIRC, using KVM:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/fs/ext2/xfstests-bld.git/

Cheers,

Dave.

--
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

* Re: xfstests and (automated) workflow?
@ 2017-03-07  8:04   ` Jan Tulak
From: Jan Tulak @ 2017-03-07  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Chinner; +Cc: linux-xfs

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Dave Chinner <david@fromorbit.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 03:25:03PM +0100, Jan Tulak wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> II decided to streamline and automate some things for me with testing
>> xfs, but as I worked on it, I realise that surely I'm not the first
>> one to do that. So I would like to ask you, can you share your tips
>> and tricks? :-)
>>
>> What I began to work at is a small suite of scripts to deploy a docker
>> container (could be changed for a VM) which compiles my local version
>> of xfsprogs and xfstests, runs it, and if I specify multiple
>> revisions, it does it for every of the revisions and then tells me
>> which test results changed between the revisions. I know the
>> comparison of failures between runs can be done with
>> tools/compare-failures. It doesn't detect a change in "not run"
>> though, which I would like to detect too.
>>
>> Are you using anything like this you can share?
>
> Ted's xfstests-bld does this sort of stuff, IIRC, using KVM:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/fs/ext2/xfstests-bld.git/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave.
>
> --
> Dave Chinner
> david@fromorbit.com

Thank you, it looks interesting. I see how it works.

Jan