* what is the syntax  to use to specify xfs in ceph.conf
@ 2013-01-22 19:16 Isaac Otsiabah
From: Isaac Otsiabah @ 2013-01-22 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

When my ceph data drives use btrfs as the underneath fileystem, the devices in my ceph.conf contain the lines "btrfs devs = /dev/sdx" as shown below.

ceph.conf
=======

[osd.0]
        host = host1
        public address = 10.5.0.123
        cluster address = 10.5.1.123
        btrfs devs = /dev/sde

[osd.1]
        host = host2
        public address = 10.5.0.123
        cluster address = 10.5.1.123
        btrfs devs = /dev/sdf

Now, i want to use xfs as the underneath filesystem so in the ceph.conf file, should the lines "btrfs devs = /dev/sdx" be changed to "xfs devs = /dev/sdx" ?

Isaac

* Re: what is the syntax to use to specify xfs in ceph.conf
@ 2013-01-22 20:01 ` Travis Rhoden
From: Travis Rhoden @ 2013-01-22 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Isaac Otsiabah; +Cc: ceph-devel

If using mkcephfs, you can just give it a "devs" option.

I"m pretty sure this changed in bobtail (0.56).  I just setup a
cluster on 0.56.1, and used the following.  Worked like a charm:

[osd]
        osd mkfs type = xfs
        osd mkfs options xfs = "-f"
        osd mount options xfs = "rw,noatime,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k"
[osd.0]
        host = ceph1
        devs = /dev/sdc
        osd journal = /dev/sda5

[osd.1]
        host = ceph1
        devs = /dev/sdd
        osd journal = /dev/sda6

A generic example is in the docs, here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/ceph-conf/#example-ceph-conf

Remember to use --mkfs when using mkcephfs.

HTH.

 - Travis