* BCM43362 support - possible ?
@ 2013-06-11 15:05 Werner Almesberger
From: Werner Almesberger @ 2013-06-11 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

I have a client who is quite enthralled by some BCM43362-based
modules and wants to use them with a Free operating system
(probably FreeRTOS, but Linux may be a possibility as well, and
even more so as an intermediate development step). This chip is
from the WICED series.

As far as I can tell, the BCM43362 is not supported by Linux
at the moment and hasn't even been mentioned in that context.
So I wonder whether the existing brcmfmac driver could be made
to work with the BCM43362 or whether there are major technical
or licensing issues.

If necessary, I wouldn't mind helping (in a few weeks) to get
that chip to work under Linux.

Thanks !

- Werner

* BCM43362 support - possible ?
@ 2013-06-11 15:18 ` Rafał Miłecki
From: Rafał Miłecki @ 2013-06-11 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

2013/6/11 Werner Almesberger <werner@almesberger.net>:
> I have a client who is quite enthralled by some BCM43362-based
> modules and wants to use them with a Free operating system
> (probably FreeRTOS, but Linux may be a possibility as well, and
> even more so as an intermediate development step). This chip is
> from the WICED series.

WICED doesn't say much. Is that full mac device?

> As far as I can tell, the BCM43362 is not supported by Linux
> at the moment and hasn't even been mentioned in that context.
> So I wonder whether the existing brcmfmac driver could be made
> to work with the BCM43362 or whether there are major technical
> or licensing issues.

I don't know. What about asking brcmfmac developers?
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211

--
Rafa?

* BCM43362 support - possible ?
@ 2013-06-11 15:30   ` Werner Almesberger
From: Werner Almesberger @ 2013-06-11 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b43-dev

Rafa? Mi?ecki wrote:
> WICED doesn't say much. Is that full mac device?

Yes, as far as I can tell (public information on it is scarce),
it's a FullMAC with an SDIO interface.

> I don't know. What about asking brcmfmac developers?
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211

Oh, I see. I thought b43* and b43-legacy were the only
branches of that tree. Sorry about that.

- Werner