* [Qemu-devel] About the VT-d features that q35 chipset supports
@ 2014-08-05 12:55 Le Tan
From: Le Tan @ 2014-08-05 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, Knut Omang, Jan Kiszka, Michael S. Tsirkin

Hi,
I am now adding features to the VT-d emulation for q35 chipset. I
think it is good to know what features q35 chipset supports exactly.
However I can't find materials about this. Does anyone know this? Or
it will be fine if someone can tell me the value of the Capability
Register and Extended Capability Register of the VT-d on q35.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks very much!

Regards,
Le

* Re: [Qemu-devel] About the VT-d features that q35 chipset supports
@ 2014-08-05 17:08 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2014-08-05 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Tan, qemu-devel; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, Knut Omang, Michael S. Tsirkin

On 2014-08-05 14:55, Le Tan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am now adding features to the VT-d emulation for q35 chipset. I
> think it is good to know what features q35 chipset supports exactly.
> However I can't find materials about this. Does anyone know this? Or
> it will be fine if someone can tell me the value of the Capability
> Register and Extended Capability Register of the VT-d on q35.

The kernel reports those registers during boot-up, so we would just need
"dmesg | grep dmar" from a real 82Q35 box (Intel 3 Series).

Jan

@ 2014-08-05 23:10   ` Le Tan
From: Le Tan @ 2014-08-05 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, Knut Omang, qemu-devel, Michael S. Tsirkin

Hi Jan,

> On 2014-08-05 14:55, Le Tan wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am now adding features to the VT-d emulation for q35 chipset. I
>> think it is good to know what features q35 chipset supports exactly.
>> However I can't find materials about this. Does anyone know this? Or
>> it will be fine if someone can tell me the value of the Capability
>> Register and Extended Capability Register of the VT-d on q35.
>
> The kernel reports those registers during boot-up, so we would just need
> "dmesg | grep dmar" from a real 82Q35 box (Intel 3 Series).

Thanks! But my computer seems not to be Intel 3 Series. It seems to be
"7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family". What's more, Acer seems to
disable and hide the VT-d support of it.

Le