* Question abount sm-notify when use NFSv3 lock
@ 2022-07-06 12:28 jie wang
From: jie wang @ 2022-07-06 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-nfs

Hi, all
  When we use NFSv3, we have a LoadBalance in front of NFS server. For
example, LoadBalance's ip is ip2 and NFS server's ip is ip1, and
client use ip2 to mount.

  Now client use flock to lock file, then I restart NFS server and
execute sm-notify -f. Then the problem occurs, the sm-notify request's
src ip is ip1, not ip2, so rpc.statd will ignore this notify, because
it does not match ip2 when mount, so client will not reclaim lock, and
lock lost when restart NFS server.

  Do you know how to address this ? Thanks a lot.