* [U-Boot] password for u-boot
@ 2017-11-08 14:33 necib yassine
From: necib yassine @ 2017-11-08 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi everyone,
I have a technical question about u-boot.
Is there any way to set up a security (for instance password...) either any
users cannot handle u-boot environments variables ?
When the user plug his serial sâble, I do not want to allow him to see any
the contents variable envrionments.
I found something about CONFIG_ENV_AES but it is no clear about what the
user can/cannot do.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/elce-2014.pdf
Thank you :)

--
NECIB Yassine

* [U-Boot] password for u-boot
@ 2017-11-13 19:53 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2017-11-13 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear necib yassine,

In message <CACwNpUfgvaqn2cxa95k7168hXV-ksvffhfzmy3bZfkv4ppnWyw@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Is there any way to set up a security (for instance password...) either any
> users cannot handle u-boot environments variables ?

Re password: you want to read doc/README.autoboot, especially the
section about CONFIG_AUTOBOOT_STOP_STR

re not changing the environment: there is actually a zillion ways to
access the environment - not only from U-Boot, but also from an OS
or with other tools (say, a JTAG debugger).  You need a better
protection than just a password for the serial console if this is
really a concern.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of course there's no reason for it, it's just our policy.