* Re: Use ObjectMapper in Dcmihandler for PowerCap interface
       [not found] ` <28950C51-9A48-47BB-BB6F-5E580F0A4516@stwcx.xyz>
@ 2022-02-10  0:03   ` Gaurav Gandhi
From: Gaurav Gandhi @ 2022-02-10  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc; +Cc: vernon.mauery, Ed Tanous, rushtotom, Jason Ling

Hi Everyone,

Currently in dcmihandler object path
<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/4cc61e0e99c9014d2e8d8b25ec52b71c3c4e405b/dcmihandler.cpp#L25>
 for PCAP_INTERFACE
<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/4cc61e0e99c9014d2e8d8b25ec52b71c3c4e405b/dcmihandler.cpp#L26>
is hardcoded to get settings service. It was discussed earlier in this
review
<https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/46157>
that
this needs to be more dynamic.

Currently I have 2 options to resolve this:

1. instead of getting a specific service
<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/4cc61e0e99c9014d2e8d8b25ec52b71c3c4e405b/dcmihandler.cpp#L74>
with
a hardcoded path, set/getPcap should call getAllDbusObjects
<https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/blob/4cc61e0e99c9014d2e8d8b25ec52b71c3c4e405b/libipmid/utils.cpp#L270>.
This will give an object tree and we have to iterate through all the
objects implementing the powercap interface. I am not sure if this is safe
to do so. Need input from the maintainers.

2. Another option is to add a compile time flag to select a path.

Please let me know what you think.
-
Thanks,
Gaurav