* vulnerability use-after-free
@ 2015-05-13 15:10 慕冬亮
From: 慕冬亮 @ 2015-05-13 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Use-after-free is a important vulnerability ! As far as we know , Linux
kernel is mostly using C and there may exist this vulnerability! I think in
the kernel there are much allocator and reallocator , how do the kernel
manage these things?
mudongliang
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* vulnerability use-after-free
@ 2015-05-17 17:51 ` Giedrius Statkevičius
From: Giedrius Statkevičius @ 2015-05-17 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, 13 May 2015, ??? wrote:

> Use-after-free is a important vulnerability ! As far as we know , Linux kernel is mostly using C and there may exist this vulnerability! I think in the kernel there
> are much allocator and reallocator , how do the kernel manage these things?mudongliang

Most of the time "struct kobject" is used to count references to that object.
Also, there are functions _get() and _put() that increase/decrease reference
count. So if the reference count ever becomes equal to 0 we know that we can
free() it and no one references it anymore.

More reading on this in LDD3:
https://lwn.net/images/pdf/LDD3/ch14.pdf

Su pagarba / Regards,
Giedrius