* [Lvfs-announce] Migration to Python 3
@ 2019-01-30 16:27 Richard Hughes
From: Richard Hughes @ 2019-01-30 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvfs-announce

Hi all,

I'm planning to migrate the LVFS from Python 2 to Python 3.4 tomorrow.
Python 2 has only 11 months left until end of life (no more security
updates!), and we need to upgrade to Python 3.x well before that. The
staging instance has been running Python 3 instance for some time, and
we fixed the last few issues today.

I'll deploy the new code about 10:00 GMT tomorrow, so if anyone
encounters any weirdness or the dreaded "The LVFS is currently
unavailable" please send me an email with any steps needed to
reproduce it and I'll fix straight away. If we have too many problems,
or something bad happens, we'll just switch back to the Python 2
version. Thanks.

Richard.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-30 16:27 UTC | newest]