* [Lvfs-announce] fwupd friendly firmware
@ 2022-04-27 12:24 Richard Hughes
From: Richard Hughes @ 2022-04-27 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lvfs-announce

Hi all,

I want to make it easy for ODMs and OEMs to choose components that
already have fwupd plugin support, and for that I'm proposing a
specification called "fwupd friendly firmware". There is more
information available on https://fwupd.org/lvfs/vendors/prodcerts --
but the basic idea is that we list components with existing fwupd
support so that the ODMs know what to choose to avoid having to write
a new fwupd plugin. I'm being asked to recommend fwupd-compatible
silicon all the time and this hopefully scales better than me replying
to email.

I'd like to include more hardware that I know we already have support
for, and I'm sure it will be good for all involved to have as many
devices listed as possible. There is more information and instructions
available in the new documentation pages
https://lvfs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/prodcert.html

Any questions or concerns, please let me know off-list.

Richard.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-04-27 12:24 UTC | newest]