* [ath9k-devel] Help needed to identify if the device works with ath9k
@ 2012-07-02 17:06 Amith Belur
From: Amith Belur @ 2012-07-02 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I am using TP LINK TL-WN822N
<http://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v1> wireless
device which has two chips. It works with
Carl9170<http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/carl9170>,
however I would like to use
ath9k<http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/#Available_devices>
which
according to the site supports AR9102 which is one of the chips. I tried
disabling Carl9170 driver my NIC was using and loading ath9k using *modprobe.
*However, the device is not enabled with ath9k. Any pointers what needs to
be done?

--
Best Regards,
Amith

* [ath9k-devel] Help needed to identify if the device works with ath9k
@ 2012-07-04 14:03 ` Mohammed Shafi
From: Mohammed Shafi @ 2012-07-04 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Amith Belur <amithbn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using TP LINK TL-WN822N wireless device which has two chips. It works
> with Carl9170, however I would like to use ath9k which according to the site
> supports AR9102 which is one of the chips. I tried disabling Carl9170 driver
> my NIC was using and loading ath9k using modprobe. However, the device is
> not enabled with ath9k. Any pointers what needs to be done?

ath9k_htc supported devices
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc/#Supported_Devices

> --
> Best Regards,
> Amith

thanks,
shafi

* [ath9k-devel] Help needed to identify if the device works with ath9k
@ 2012-07-07 11:56   ` Amith Belur
From: Amith Belur @ 2012-07-07 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Thank you for the response. The wireless device has 2 chips. AR9170 is
listed under Carl9170-supported devices and AR9102 is listed under
ath9k. However, AR9170 is the chip that talks to the software. Hence,
the device is not supported by ath9k.

http://www.wikidevi.com/files/Atheros/specsheets/AR9001U.pdf

--
Best Regards,