* NFC: CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG not defined
@ 2015-04-27  7:03 Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-27  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: clement.perrochaud
  Cc: sameo, linux-wireless, linux-kernel, lauro.venancio,
	aloisio.almeida, Paul Bolle, Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

Hi Clément,

your commit dece45855a8b ("NFC: nxp-nci: Add support for NXP NCI
chips") adds the Makefile drivers/nfc/nxp-nci/Makefile with the
following line:

+ccflags-$(CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG) := -DDEBUG

The Kconfig option NFC_DEBUG is not defined so the line turns out to
be a nop.  There is another reference in drivers/nfc/Makefile.  Is
there a patch queued somewhere to add the option?

I found this issue with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py by diffing
v4.0 and v4.1-rc1.

Kind regards,
 Valentin

* Re: NFC: CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG not defined
@ 2015-04-27  7:06 ` Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: clement.perrochaud
  Cc: sameo, linux-wireless, linux-kernel, lauro.venancio,
	aloisio.almeida, Paul Bolle, Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

I took the email from the author field of the commit, which does not
exists anymore.  Now I added Clément's correct email address.

@ 2015-04-28  8:23   ` Clément Perrochaud
From: Clément Perrochaud @ 2015-04-28  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
  Cc: sameo, linux-wireless, linux-kernel, lauro.venancio,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Clément,
>
> your commit dece45855a8b ("NFC: nxp-nci: Add support for NXP NCI
> chips") adds the Makefile drivers/nfc/nxp-nci/Makefile with the
> following line:
>
> +ccflags-$(CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG) := -DDEBUG
>
> The Kconfig option NFC_DEBUG is not defined so the line turns out to
> be a nop.  There is another reference in drivers/nfc/Makefile.  Is
> there a patch queued somewhere to add the option?
>
> I found this issue with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py by diffing
> v4.0 and v4.1-rc1.

Hi Valentin,

I only included this line because it was present in the upper-level
Makefile drivers/nfc/Makefile . As far as I know, there is no plan to
add this option to the configuration.

What would the most sensible solution to this issue be ? Add the NFC
Debug feature to the configuration ? Remove it altogether ?

Clément Perrochaud

Eff'Innov Technologies
Caen, Aix-En-Provence, Grenoble

Eff'Innov Technologies
Campus EffiScience
2, Esplanade Anton Philips
14460 Colombelles, FRANCE

http://www.effinnov.com

* Re: NFC: CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG not defined
@ 2015-04-28  8:35     ` Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-04-28  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clément Perrochaud
  Cc: sameo, linux-wireless, linux-kernel, lauro.venancio,
	aloisio.almeida, Paul Bolle, Andreas Ruprecht, hengelein Stefan

Hi Clément,

thanks for your answer.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Clément Perrochaud
<clement.perrochaud@effinnov.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
>> Hi Clément,
>>
>> your commit dece45855a8b ("NFC: nxp-nci: Add support for NXP NCI
>> chips") adds the Makefile drivers/nfc/nxp-nci/Makefile with the
>> following line:
>>
>> +ccflags-$(CONFIG_NFC_DEBUG) := -DDEBUG
>>
>> The Kconfig option NFC_DEBUG is not defined so the line turns out to
>> be a nop.  There is another reference in drivers/nfc/Makefile.  Is
>> there a patch queued somewhere to add the option?
>>
>> I found this issue with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py by diffing
>> v4.0 and v4.1-rc1.
>
> Hi Valentin,
>
> I only included this line because it was present in the upper-level
> Makefile drivers/nfc/Makefile . As far as I know, there is no plan to
> add this option to the configuration.
>
> What would the most sensible solution to this issue be ? Add the NFC
> Debug feature to the configuration ? Remove it altogether ?

DEBUG is not used in any of the files in drivers/nfc/ so I think we
can safely remove the two lines from the Makefiles.  Do you want me to
prepare a patch?

Kind regards,
 Valentin

@ 2015-04-28  8:38       ` Clément Perrochaud
From: Clément Perrochaud @ 2015-04-28  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
  Cc: sameo, linux-wireless, linux-kernel, lauro.venancio,

On 04/28/2015 10:35 AM, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> DEBUG is not used in any of the files in drivers/nfc/ so I think we
> can safely remove the two lines from the Makefiles.  Do you want me to
> prepare a patch?

That would be great, thanks.