* Python3 partial rootfs installation
@ 2017-02-24  8:50 Jakob Simon-Gaarde
From: Jakob Simon-Gaarde @ 2017-02-24  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi.

I want to use Python3 on yocto 2.2 so I added it as a dependency in my
project. Python3.5 was added to the final rootfs
but it is partial. Many of the standard libraries that are build during the
image creation does not end up in the target rootfs.

For instance socketserver.py which was the first missing module I
encountered.

Is there any way to make a full standard python3 install?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Jakob Simon-Gaarde

* Re: Python3 partial rootfs installation
@ 2017-02-24  9:21 ` Maciej Borzęcki
From: Maciej Borzęcki @ 2017-02-24  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jakob Simon-Gaarde; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Jakob Simon-Gaarde <jakobsg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to use Python3 on yocto 2.2 so I added it as a dependency in my
> project. Python3.5 was added to the final rootfs
> but it is partial. Many of the standard libraries that are build during the
> image creation does not end up in the target rootfs.
>
> For instance socketserver.py which was the first missing module I
> encountered.
>
> Is there any way to make a full standard python3 install?

Installing python3-modules should cover most of your needs.

Cheers,
--
Maciej Borzecki
RnDity

* Re: Python3 partial rootfs installation
@ 2017-02-24 13:24   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-02-24 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maciej Borzęcki; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On 24 February 2017 at 09:21, Maciej Borzęcki <maciej.borzecki@rndity.com>
wrote:

> > Is there any way to make a full standard python3 install?
>
> Installing python3-modules should cover most of your needs.

python3-modules will pull in the *entire* standard library.

Ross

* Re: Python3 partial rootfs installation
@ 2017-02-25 23:10   ` Jakob Simon-Gaarde
From: Jakob Simon-Gaarde @ 2017-02-25 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Thanks for the answer. I tried adding it as a dependency but I get this:
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'python3-modules'

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Maciej Borzęcki <

--

@ 2017-02-26 21:03     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2017-02-26 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On Sunday, 26 February 2017 12:10:24 AM NZDT Jakob Simon-Gaarde wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. I tried adding it as a dependency but I get this:
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'python3-modules'

Based on your email, this is a runtime situation you are trying to resolve -
and python3-modules is a runtime target, but that error suggests you are
adding to DEPENDS which is for build-time dependencies.

You probably want to add python3-modules to IMAGE_INSTALL in your image recipe
or perhaps to RDEPENDS_${PN} in the recipe for the custom software you're
building.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: Python3 partial rootfs installation
@ 2017-02-27 10:16       ` Jakob Simon-Gaarde
From: Jakob Simon-Gaarde @ 2017-02-27 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto