* mempool with custom alignment
@ 2015-06-03 18:30 Dax Rawal
From: Dax Rawal @ 2015-06-03 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,
I use mempool APIs to allocate DMA-able descriptor ring and buffers so that
I get both physical and virtual addresses of allocated memory. I buffers I
get from the mempool APIs are 64 byte aligned. My requirement is 256byte
alignment. How to achieve this? mempool APIs do not seem to take alignment
parameters.

Thanks,
-Dax

* Re: mempool with custom alignment
@ 2015-06-03 18:36 ` Cyril Chemparathy
From: Cyril Chemparathy @ 2015-06-03 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dax Rawal; +Cc: dev

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:30:17 -0700
Hi Dax,

Dax Rawal <daxayrawal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use mempool APIs to allocate DMA-able descriptor ring and buffers
> so that I get both physical and virtual addresses of allocated
> memory. I buffers I get from the mempool APIs are 64 byte aligned. My
> requirement is 256byte alignment. How to achieve this? mempool APIs
> do not seem to take alignment parameters.

I have a patch that allows configuration override of mempool element
alignment to allow for larger alignment limits (e.g. 128B on the
TILE-Gx platform, 256B on yours). Would that suffice? If so, I'd be
happy to post this patch on the mailing list.

Thanks
-- Cyril.

* Re: mempool with custom alignment
@ 2015-06-03 18:58   ` Dax Rawal