* Show total commit count of two authors or more authors into first author
@ 2015-12-06 19:23 Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2015-12-06 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Git List

I usually count commits as below command

$ git shortlog -s -n
   149  Jagan Teki
   148  Otavio Salvador
   143  Bo Shen
   137  Lokesh Vutla
   134  Minkyu Kang
   132  Marian Balakowicz
   129  Haavard Skinnemoen
   127  Holger Brunck
   124  Tim Harvey
   122  Jagannadha Teki
   120  Daniel Schwierzeck
   119  Eric Nelson
   118  Andy Fleming
   116  Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki

Out of which below three names are with same author which changed
while submitted patches.
  149  Jagan Teki
  122  Jagannadha Teki
  116  Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki

I need a command to show to add all commits and show first one as
   387 Jagan Teki

Can anyone help to do this?

thanks!
--
Jagan.

* Re: Show total commit count of two authors or more authors into first author
@ 2015-12-06 19:31 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2015-12-06 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki; +Cc: Git List

Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki@gmail.com> writes:

> Out of which below three names are with same author which changed
> while submitted patches.
>   149  Jagan Teki
>   122  Jagannadha Teki
>   116  Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki
>
> I need a command to show to add all commits and show first one as
>    387 Jagan Teki
>
> Can anyone help to do this?

See the "MAPPING AUTHORS" section of git-shortlog(1).

       The .mailmap feature is used to coalesce together commits by the same
       person in the shortlog, where their name and/or email address was
       spelled differently.

       If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at
       the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob
       configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and
       email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Show total commit count of two authors or more authors into first author
@ 2015-12-06 20:15   ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2015-12-06 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: Git List

On 7 December 2015 at 01:01, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Out of which below three names are with same author which changed
>> while submitted patches.
>>   149  Jagan Teki
>>   122  Jagannadha Teki
>>   116  Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki
>>
>> I need a command to show to add all commits and show first one as
>>    387 Jagan Teki
>>
>> Can anyone help to do this?
>
> See the "MAPPING AUTHORS" section of git-shortlog(1).
>
>        The .mailmap feature is used to coalesce together commits by the same
>        person in the shortlog, where their name and/or email address was
>        spelled differently.
>
>        If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at
>        the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob
>        configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and
>        email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses.

Thanks for the info, I'm able to map two author with e-mail but it's
not working when I group 3

$ .mailmap
Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com>

The above worked but how about 3 names mapping

$ .mailmap
Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com> Jagannadha
Sutradharudu Teki<p@pqr.com>

Finally I need to map all 3 into Jagan Teki <a@abc.com>

--

@ 2015-12-06 21:20     ` brian m. carlson
From: brian m. carlson @ 2015-12-06 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jagan Teki; +Cc: Andreas Schwab, Git List

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 01:45:19AM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
> Thanks for the info, I'm able to map two author with e-mail but it's
> not working when I group 3
>
> $ .mailmap
> Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com>
>
> The above worked but how about 3 names mapping
>
> $ .mailmap
> Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com> Jagannadha
> Sutradharudu Teki<p@pqr.com>
>
> Finally I need to map all 3 into Jagan Teki <a@abc.com>

You probably want to map two at a time.  So something like this:

  Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com>
  Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki <p@pqr.com>
+1 832 623 2791 | https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Show total commit count of two authors or more authors into first author
@ 2015-12-07  6:01       ` Jagan Teki
From: Jagan Teki @ 2015-12-07  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian m. carlson, Jagan Teki, Andreas Schwab, Git List

On 7 December 2015 at 02:50, brian m. carlson
<sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 01:45:19AM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
>> Thanks for the info, I'm able to map two author with e-mail but it's
>> not working when I group 3
>>
>> $ .mailmap
>> Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com>
>>
>> The above worked but how about 3 names mapping
>>
>> $ .mailmap
>> Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com> Jagannadha
>> Sutradharudu Teki<p@pqr.com>
>>
>> Finally I need to map all 3 into Jagan Teki <a@abc.com>
>
> You probably want to map two at a time.  So something like this:
>
>   Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Teki <x@xynz.com>
>   Jagan Teki <a@abc.com> Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki <p@pqr.com>

I tried this before seems like some more hidden name's with same
author. anyway I found all and mapped the same. Thanks you very much.

--
Jagan.