* Gmail throws all mailing list mails from amd.com in spam
@ 2021-07-30  8:48 Ernst Sjöstrand
From: Ernst Sjöstrand @ 2021-07-30  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed that this has been going on for some time. I guess this is
because of DKIM?
Not sure what can be done about it. Gmail is quite persistent about it.

Regards
//Ernst

From: Michel Dänzer @ 2021-07-30  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2021-07-30 10:48 a.m., Ernst Sjöstrand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that this has been going on for some time. I guess this is because of DKIM?
> Not sure what can be done about it. Gmail is quite persistent about it.
>
> Regards
> //Ernst

I've now disabled this footer, fingers crossed this will help.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com

@ 2021-07-30 10:26   ` Ernst Sjöstrand
From: Ernst Sjöstrand @ 2021-07-30 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm no I think it's something with the domain. It specifically says
"Be careful with this message
Gmail could not verify that it actually came from amd.com. Avoid clicking
links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information."
in a big yellow warning box.
daenzer.net doesn't seem to be affected though! :-D

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 11:11 AM Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:

> On 2021-07-30 10:48 a.m., Ernst Sjöstrand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I noticed that this has been going on for some time. I guess this is
> because of DKIM?
> > Not sure what can be done about it. Gmail is quite persistent about it.
> >
> > Regards
> > //Ernst

> I've now disabled this footer, fingers crossed this will help.
>

> --
> Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com
> Libre software enthusiast             |             Mesa and X developer

* Re: Gmail throws all mailing list mails from amd.com in spam
@ 2021-07-30 10:43     ` Michel Dänzer
From: Michel Dänzer @ 2021-07-30 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2021-07-30 12:26 p.m., Ernst Sjöstrand wrote:
> Hmm no I think it's something with the domain. It specifically says
> "Be careful with this message
> Gmail could not verify that it actually came from amd.com <http://amd.com>. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information."
> in a big yellow warning box.

The footer changed the mail body, which broke the DKIM signature.

Let me rephrase:

The footer was definitely one reason for DKIM related breakage. There might be more left though.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com