* Issue with LACP mode support in Linux bonding driver
@ 2015-06-24  9:55 Ajith Adapa
From: Ajith Adapa @ 2015-06-24  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,

I am using Centos7 with v3.10 kernel.

My issue is related to multiaggregation in LACP.

In my setup topology I connected linux server and a L2 switch back to
back with 2 interfaces eth0 and eth1 (on both sides).

On Switch I have mapped eth0 to po1 and eth1 to po2. On linux server I
have created a single bond interface with both interfaces eth0 and
eth1.

On L2 switch both po1 and po2 has same system-id but the Actor key is
different i.e. on PO1 it is 16385 and on PO2 it is 32768. As per the
information available about bond0 on linux server which is given below
Active aggregator ID is 1 which is mapped to eth0 but eth1.

But we have observed that eth1 on linux server is also sending LACPDUS
with Collecting/Distributing bit set as 1. Which will result in single
bond interface on Linux server is splitted into multiple port-channels
on Switch causing duplication of frames on linux server.

As per IEEE 802.3ad 2003 standard portchannel should not support
multi-aggregation.

#  cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)
MII Status: up
MII Polling Interval (ms): 100
Up Delay (ms): 0
Down Delay (ms): 0

802.3ad info
LACP rate: fast
Min links: 0
Aggregator selection policy (ad_select): stable
Active Aggregator Info:
    Aggregator ID: 1
    Number of ports: 1
    Actor Key: 17
    Partner Key: 16385
    Partner Mac Address: 11:11:22:22:33:33

Slave Interface: eth0
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 08:00:27:18:ae:4b
Aggregator ID: 1
Slave queue ID: 0

Slave Interface: eth1
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 08:00:27:76:35:a2
Aggregator ID: 3
Slave queue ID: 0

Regards,
Ajith

* Re: Issue with LACP mode support in Linux bonding driver
@ 2015-06-26  1:37 ` Ajith Adapa
From: Ajith Adapa @ 2015-06-26  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,

How can I know the current maintainer for Linux Bonding Driver ?

Regards,
Ajith

Regards,
Ajith
codingfreak.blogspot.com

@ 2015-06-26  3:07 ` Mahesh Bandewar
From: Mahesh Bandewar @ 2015-06-26  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ajith Adapa; +Cc: linux-netdev

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:55 AM, Ajith Adapa <adapa.ajith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Centos7 with v3.10 kernel.

You are using a very old kernel. Have you tried it with the latest kernel?

> My issue is related to multiaggregation in LACP.
>
> In my setup topology I connected linux server and a L2 switch back to
> back with 2 interfaces eth0 and eth1 (on both sides).
>
> On Switch I have mapped eth0 to po1 and eth1 to po2. On linux server I
> have created a single bond interface with both interfaces eth0 and
> eth1.
>
> On L2 switch both po1 and po2 has same system-id but the Actor key is
> different i.e. on PO1 it is 16385 and on PO2 it is 32768. As per the
> information available about bond0 on linux server which is given below
> Active aggregator ID is 1 which is mapped to eth0 but eth1.
>
> But we have observed that eth1 on linux server is also sending LACPDUS
> with Collecting/Distributing bit set as 1. Which will result in single
> bond interface on Linux server is splitted into multiple port-channels
> on Switch causing duplication of frames on linux server.

what happens if you do link-down/up on the nic that is not part of the bond?

@ 2015-06-27  0:02   ` Rick Jones
From: Rick Jones @ 2015-06-27  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ajith Adapa, netdev

On 06/25/2015 06:37 PM, Ajith Adapa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I know the current maintainer for Linux Bonding Driver ?

You can look in the MAINTAINERS file in a current source-tree:

BONDING DRIVER
M:      Jay Vosburgh <j.vosburgh@gmail.com>
M:      Veaceslav Falico <vfalico@gmail.com>
M:      Andy Gospodarek <gospo@cumulusnetworks.com>
L:      netdev@vger.kernel.org
W:      http://sourceforge.net/projects/bonding/
S:      Supported
F:      drivers/net/bonding/
F:      include/uapi/linux/if_bonding.h

Those "M:" entries give the maintainer(s)/people who should be cc'd on
patches.  Further format explanation can be found in the beginning few
"pages" of the file.

rick jones