* dax-misc branch for linux-next
@ 2016-05-17 18:36 ` Verma, Vishal L
From: Verma, Vishal L @ 2016-05-17 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr; +Cc: tytso, linux-nvdimm, hch, linux-fsdevel, jack, linux-ext4

Hi Stephen,

I understand this is a bit out of the norm, but:

Could you please merge

	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm.git dax-misc

into linux-next for some coverage.

It is a bit late to the ready-before-merge-window deadline, due to
having to coordinate dependencies between trees/patchsets. I'm hoping to
send a pull request for this later in the merge window (once ext4 is
merged).

Thanks,
	-Vishal

From: Verma, Vishal L @ 2016-05-17 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr
  Cc: Williams, Dan J, hch, jack, linux-nvdimm, tytso, linux-fsdevel,
	linux-ext4

Hi Stephen,

I understand this is a bit out of the norm, but:

Could you please merge

	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm.git dax-misc

into linux-next for some coverage.

It is a bit late to the ready-before-merge-window deadline, due to
having to coordinate dependencies between trees/patchsets. I'm hoping to
send a pull request for this later in the merge window (once ext4 is
merged).

Thanks,
	-Vishal

* Re: dax-misc branch for linux-next
  (?)
@ 2016-05-18  3:34   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-05-18  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Verma, Vishal L
  Cc: Williams, Dan J, hch, jack, linux-nvdimm, tytso, linux-fsdevel,
	linux-ext4

Hi Vishal,

On Tue, 17 May 2016 18:36:47 +0000 "Verma, Vishal L" <vishal.l.verma@intel.com> wrote:

> I understand this is a bit out of the norm, but:
>
> Could you please merge
>
> 	https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/nvdimm/nvdimm.git dax-misc
>
> into linux-next for some coverage.
>
> It is a bit late to the ready-before-merge-window deadline, due to
> having to coordinate dependencies between trees/patchsets. I'm hoping to
> send a pull request for this later in the merge window (once ext4 is
> merged).

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-05-18  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)