* Possible bug: Changing branch with file locked
@ 2020-07-09 11:01 Antti Tanskanen
From: Antti Tanskanen @ 2020-07-09 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,
I want to inform you about the fact when I changed a branch with VS
Code open and git did not have permissions to address some files in
the other branch (or in current branch). I got an error message. That
is OK, but my current branch got also polluted with files (from the
other branch?). I needed to run “git stash -u” to get rid of those.

I guess this can be reproduced if one locks a file which is in a
branch and changes the branch. Better functionality would be that git
would only show the error message, not to pollute the branch with
files.

Yours,
Antti Tanskanen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-09 11:01 UTC | newest]