* Re: DEVELOPER QUERY
       [not found] <CAPGMVzHX1O+POjqc03E+C7Vu60qXv2e_d0KJkLvqOH2innWBUQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-03-30 19:46 ` Derek Straka
       [not found]   ` <CAPGMVzGKpj8XvpOY8Nrz1gRUw7h5SvoSfymL-Njt66YnRJT3mQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Derek Straka @ 2018-03-30 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S, openembeded-devel; +Cc: koen

A bit of feedback regarding requests like these:

    1) Please do not email general requests for help directly to
maintainers without including the mailing list.  When you email people
directly, the community cannot provide input or benefit from the
resolution.  Also, it usually ends up in the trash at least for me.
    2) The request did not provide any meaningful context on your setup
(meta layers, MACHINE, etc).  Without any context, the probability of
getting a meaningful response quickly is low
    3) The request didn't provide any of the debugging you've already tried
to fix the issue.
    4) Pictures don't really provide much if any value especially when they
are blurry.  A text based log is preferred

Using core-image-minimal with pip added to the image (openembedded-core and
meta-openembedded on master - MACHINE=qemux86-64), I am able to pip install
wheel just fine:

root@qemux86-64:~# pip install wheel
Collecting wheel
  Downloading wheel-0.30.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (49kB)
    100% |################################| 51kB 256kB/s
Installing collected packages: wheel
Successfully installed wheel-0.30.0

That said, how is your network configured?  My best guess based on the
sparse information provided is that you don't have a valid DNS server setup.

-Derek

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Rajath C S <rajathcs.1996@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please help me with what the error in the attachment is about. If
> I can solve this error and fetch packages using pip then lot of my work can
> see great progress.
>
> Thank You,
> Rajath C S

* Re: DEVELOPER QUERY
       [not found]   ` <CAPGMVzGKpj8XvpOY8Nrz1gRUw7h5SvoSfymL-Njt66YnRJT3mQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-03-31 15:46     ` Derek Straka
       [not found]       ` <CAPGMVzHsm7vwDTorYj1B-KcQgNqXD47YUP2T_gzYuxXZrmf4Ng@mail.gmail.com>
From: Derek Straka @ 2018-03-31 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rajath C S; +Cc: koen, openembeded-devel

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 11:03 PM, Rajath C S <rajathcs.1996@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the response.
> 1. Yes, I totally understand the vitality of including the maillist id,
> but the reason i dint include was that i had previously included it couple
> of times for the same query and did not get the response back.Anyway, from
> now n i shall include for all.
> 2. Sorry about not providing the complete information like, so the layers
> included are - meta-oe, openembedded, meta-python, meta-networking and
> yocto-bsp, machine is set to qemux86 and image is sato. Thanks for the
> input,from next time i shall provide detailed info.
> 3. I have tried including connman recipe and ssl but nothing seems to be
> working,
> 4. The reason i couldn't make it a text based log is that i could'nt copy
> the contents from core-image-sato screen.
>

> 1. I am able to ping and apt-update is also working fine; which all
> suggests that the internet is working fine but when i do pip install i get
> the above error

You are running apt from inside the qemu instance?  Again, I ask you to
provide specific information about the image and your configuration.  The
out of the box sato core image does not provide apt.  I just tried
`core-image-sato` with pip added, and it worked just fine to install the
`wheel` package once I configured the DNS server.

> 2. Though i will try out with minimal once, did you follow any additional
> steps to configure network in minimal (did you have to add any additional
> layer , recipe)?
> 3. Yes, i have not configured DHCP

I asked specifically about your DNS configuration.  Is name resolution
working correctly from the qemu instance?

> Regards & Thanks,
> Rajath
>
> Rajath C S,
> 9964182112,
> Bangalore - 560060
>
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 1:16 AM, Derek Straka <derek@asterius.io> wrote:
>
>> A bit of feedback regarding requests like these:
>>
>>     1) Please do not email general requests for help directly to
>> maintainers without including the mailing list.  When you email people
>> directly, the community cannot provide input or benefit from the
>> resolution.  Also, it usually ends up in the trash at least for me.
>>     2) The request did not provide any meaningful context on your setup
>> (meta layers, MACHINE, etc).  Without any context, the probability of
>> getting a meaningful response quickly is low
>>     3) The request didn't provide any of the debugging you've already
>> tried to fix the issue.
>>     4) Pictures don't really provide much if any value especially when
>> they are blurry.  A text based log is preferred
>>
>> Using core-image-minimal with pip added to the image (openembedded-core
>> and meta-openembedded on master - MACHINE=qemux86-64), I am able to pip
>> install wheel just fine:
>>
>> root@qemux86-64:~# pip install wheel
>> Collecting wheel
>>   Downloading wheel-0.30.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (49kB)
>>     100% |################################| 51kB 256kB/s
>> Installing collected packages: wheel
>> Successfully installed wheel-0.30.0
>>
>> That said, how is your network configured?  My best guess based on the
>> sparse information provided is that you don't have a valid DNS server setup.
>>
>> -Derek
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 3:00 AM, Rajath C S <rajathcs.1996@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you please help me with what the error in the attachment is about.
>>> If I can solve this error and fetch packages using pip then lot of my work
>>> can see great progress.
>>>
>>> Thank You,
>>> Rajath C S

* Re: DEVELOPER QUERY