* using interrupt controller dt-bindings macros in Non GPL dts files
@ 2018-10-22  3:48 Pankaj Bansal
From: Pankaj Bansal @ 2018-10-22  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rob Herring, Mark Rutland, Stephen Warren, Geert Uytterhoeven,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman
  Cc: open list:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS,
	Varun Sethi, Udit Kumar, Leo Li

Hi All,

I have a query about include/dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/irq.h and include/dt-bindings/interrupt-controller/arm-gic.h files.
I would like to use these header files in NON-GPL (X11 Licensed) dts/dtsi files, to use the macros defined in these header files in our dts/dtsi files.

  1.  Does including the GPL header files for macros (NON executable code) in NON-GPL files, causes the license of NON-GPL file to be contaminated with GPL code?

If that is the case:

  1.  Would it be possible for the copyright owners of these header files to make these files dual licensed, so that we are able to use these files in our dts/dtsi files?

I was not able to find the copyright owner of these files from files itself, so I have included all the developers who have contributed to these files in *TO* list.

Regards,
Pankaj Bansal